Omaha, NE

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 13, 2015
Excellent teachers! They are all so dedicated & really work together. These kids are lucky to have such exceptional teachers... and staff!

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted August 13, 2015
Starting around 3rd grade you find more consistent homework given. Many times students are given time in class to get the homework completed - hence no "homework." I do believe some work should be done @ home to enhance the learning experience. Try to remember what you learned @ school that day, but in a different setting. I would like to see a bit more work that is designated to actual work @ home worksheets. Overall though they do a wonderful job enhancing what is being taught.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 13, 2015
One program Dundee does each year is the Pay it Forward. It's an opportunity for kids to tell the world the many ways they are paying it forward. By caring for others & showing compassion they are realizing how one good deed can spread like wildfire - in a good way. The diversity @ Dundee is an opportunity for students to learn about each other & understand we're not all the same. Anytime a counselor is needed Mrs. Collasaco is there. She's a fantastic listener & really helps the kids to better understand feelings of their own & feelings of another.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 13, 2015
Honesty, integrity & fairness are found @ Dundee each & every day. These kids know what is expected of them and they are held to it. They are expected to act polite & respectfully and understand there are consequences. Something as simple as losing playground time or field trips, but consequences nonetheless. Each child is treated as equally as possible and each child is given the opportunity to achieve & excel - sometimes w/ a bit of a push from a great teacher.

Posted August 13, 2015
Everyone from the principal to the teachers, office staff, kitchen staff, janitorial and all in between are fantastic! Every grade has excellent teachers who really care & are willing to go the extra mile. The principal, Kaye Kennedy, knows each & every student. She always makes time for parent discussions, she's open to new ideas and eager to help out. The parents @ Dundee really know how to dig in & get things done. We have after school clubs, sock hops, craft night w/ the pancake man, basketball, volleyball, our own yearbook and so much more! It really a exceptional school that will give each student so many great opportunities and memories!

Posted March 09, 2014
We moved and had to find a home in the Dundee school district hearing it is the best and that other families in outlying areas want to get in desperately. This is our second year and we love it. From what I understand, the great school rating is not accurate here. Students score very very high. This school has a lot of different student populations from ESL to special needs, along with the main student population. They report all scores which brings the ratings down. If Greatschools were able to decipher the scores-I have no doubt this school would be a 10.

Posted August 22, 2013
This is our first year at this school and can already tell this will be the best school my kids will ever attend. From how dedicated the staff is to the resources available to the students, they strive for excellence! Also, one of my favorite things is the meals. I have never seen a school offer fresh fruits and veggies DAILY!

Posted April 19, 2012
This is my daughters third year and I am still as happy with the teachers and staff as I was on the first day!!!! Thank you for all you do for our children!

Posted April 19, 2012
Best public school in the city. Great teachers and staff. Very involved parents. I felt my kids were more than prepared for middle school.

Posted October 05, 2009
Everyone is so welcoming and genuinely interested in children. They tailor teaching to meet each child learning style, which many places say they do, but really don't.

310 North 51st St, Omaha, NE  68132
Last modified Dundee Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dundee Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top