Omaha, NE

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted June 29, 2015
The teachers are awesome. This is shown in our home when we have addressed certain situations with our sons prior they will say my teacher said this or that. Which is exactly what we have already told them. Thank You

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted June 29, 2015
We love that everyday they had some type of homework to complete because in reality when they reach the next levels of middle and high school they will be prepared and not shocked on having homework to complete.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2015
Absolutely, it was beautiful and a blessing to hear our sons coming home talking about perseverance and never giving up. Not only talking about it but able to give examples of what the word means and how it applies to them.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2015
Most definitely our sons come home talking about how situations or problems were handled at school in regards to respecting themselves, fellow classmates, teachers, and staff.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2015
Yes this school shows compassion, caring, and empathy I have a children who is special needs from physical needs to gifted and talented. Thank you for recognizing both of their individual needs.

Masters Elementary School 5

Posted June 29, 2015
Our experience with this school has been wonderful. Whether I had a problem or just to check in on my children I have always been treated with the utmost care and respect. thank you

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 29, 2015
This school has shown exceptional integrity, fairness, and honesty to my children. Since the inception of the new building principal Dr. LeDonna York. I have seen teamwork from the staff. Concerned and Caring educators and staff who work diligently to provide a safe secure disciplined academic atmosphere for my children to both learn and grow emotionally, physically, academically, and socially. Thank you to all the staff from the principal, teachers, nurse, paras, cafeteria workers, security to the secretary for exceptional care to children and their families!!! May God's Hands continue to be upon this school, the staff, and students!!!

Posted December 14, 2014
I went to this school since Kindergarten and was glad to leave. I left the year the pricible can in. I am now a 8th grader, but two of my siblings still go there. They do not allow past kids that have finished 6th grade there to enter the building unless they have a parent present. I was rather upset to learn this when I was in the 7th grade and was taking pictures for my mom at the halloween party because she was home sick. They made me leave the school grounds. The other prinicble would have loved me to stay and take pictures for my mother. I was always told to come and visit my past teachers when I had finished the 6th grade, but I had always been kicked out of the school as soon as I entered. The school used to be enjoyable, but now the new princible is making way too many changes, isn't stopping what matters (bullying), is not allowing older siblings to help out parents by making their lifes easier, etc. I wouldn't send my child to this school when I have one.

Posted December 08, 2014
My child is subjected to constant bullying at this school as well. There is some effort by the new principal to overcome this, but I am sure she is met with resistance because her job is also to help retain and reform these bullies. I do not intend to stick around until this process gets better. I am disenrolling my child ASAP.

Posted April 12, 2012
My daughter along with several children at this school get bullied regularly! I have seen little attention brought to the issue! I know a couple different families in our neighborhood alone who have pulled their kids out all together and home school just so their children do not have to be bullied at this school!

5505 North 99th St, Omaha, NE  68134
Last modified Masters Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Masters Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top