Bad
Good

Norris Middle School 3

Posted January 20, 2014
It's been a few years since I've been here, but I definitely remember what it was like. The school itself wasn't in the best condition. The students aren't so great and motivated. But if I hadn't attended, I wouldn't have met some of the great friends I have today. Don't get me wrong, there is no blame to be put towards the staff. Some of the teachers prepared me more than enough for high school. And for that, I am forever grateful.

Norris Middle School 4

Posted October 24, 2006
We think Norris Middle School is better than other OPS schools. We do a lot more with a lot less. We are fotten by the leaders of the district in funding and in management. We try our best to discipline and redirect the students behavior here, but need to be backed up at home as well. We understand that you are not with them during the day, but we are not babysitters and not with them at night. You should come to Norris and really see what is really going on. This is a great place and a great atmosphere.

Norris Middle School 5

Posted August 07, 2005
I think that norris is a really good school because it's got a lot of diversity and teachers really care about what u gotta say....and if someone didn't learn there then that'st their problem not the schools.

Norris Middle School 5

Posted May 01, 2005
Norris is a great school. All it needs is a little of remodeling. I am on 8C this year and all my teachers are great and would anything to help their students. This school has great after school activities.

Norris Middle School 3

Posted February 14, 2005
I think that Norris is a good school,but needs more funding.If you look at some of the other ops schools they look amazing. Norris needs to be rebuild. It needs to be remodeld. But it is a good school just needs help.

Norris Middle School 4

Posted September 26, 2004
I think the teachers and adminisrators at Norris middle school simply don't care. I overheard a counselor, say 'what do you want me to do about it?' When a teacher expressed consern over a student. The teachers are so blind. Once there was a small fight inside the band room and the teacher was standing at one of the doorways and didn't look over util it was done. She was too busy talking to other teachers. Take it from me, I was a student for all 2 years at Norris.

Norris Middle School 1

Posted September 02, 2004
Norris Middle school is more a joke. I spent two years there and learned almost nothing. However I do rate the band program very high.

Norris Middle School 2

Posted May 24, 2004
I think that Norris Middle School is the poorest example for OPS. I don't think they really try to involve the parents until it is too late. It is difficult to get in touch with the teachers either before or after school; when you do the time is limited, they don't seem that interested in resolving the issue; they act as though you should be able to resolve it (we aren't there during the day). They seem to like to pit child and parent against one another, rather than deal with the issues. The teachers often seemed petty and quick to make a scapegoat of our son. He was no angel, but many times his reaction was because of their attitudes. The administrators don't react in a timely manner to disruptions; inflicting the punishment days to weeks after the incident. Very poor management of this school.

Norris Middle School
2235 South 46th St, Omaha, NE  68106
Last modified Norris Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.