Bad
Good

My kids go here and both of them are excelling. They both are in honors classes and participate in extra-curricular activities like band, Young Democrats, and Science Club. What I would say to anyone thinking about going here and seeing that Great Schools has given it a rating of "1" is that is apparently based on test results alone. If you are a parent who wants to send your child to a school with great programs, engaged teachers and opportunities for a child who has a variety of interests, this is a great school. If you are a parent who's engaged in your child's education, your child will do well here. Oh, and if, by chance, your child enjoys pottery in addition to STEM subjects, they have a phenomenal pottery program and studio. (It rivals some universities).

Wow. a rating of a 1? I went to this high school in 1998 and I'm shocked it has received the lowest score.

I love this school. So many opportunities and things to do. The teachers are great.

This school is excellent. The classes offered here are great and the school has really taken a big step forward into the world of technology.

North has been a strong supported of NEC Tutoring as a means to provide students with extra individual support outside of the classroom. NEC Tutoring remains in constant contact with each student's teacher to provide insight, suggestions, and keep track of the student's improvements. Creating this well rounded and all-angled approach from the classroom teacher, NEC tutor, and parent, ensures that the student master the materials and ultimately gain a strong academic foundation. In addition to academic support, NEC also placed a strong emphasis on organization and improving study skills. Visit www.NECtutoring.com or call (402) 238-1635 to start making the most out of your child's education.

I'm a senior at North this year, and I know if went to any other high school, I couldn't have excelled as far in math. The only two teachers with Math doctorates in OPS both teach at North high. I've been talking to many current college students about majoring in math, and when I tell them what math classes I'm in, they are shocked I'm taking them as a high school senior! North also has wonderful engineering, science, music, and art departments, but I know because of North High I will go into college with all of my Calculus completely out of the way!

I'm a sophomore at North. I was new to Omaha my freshmen year, and I'm extremely impressed with the honors and AP classes offered here. There are really a lot of opportunities for students at North that aren't available at other schools.

My daughter will be a junior at NHS this year and she loves it. The curriculum is great but challenging, I like the honors and AP classes they offer. The faculty earnestly care about the success of the students. When my daughter's grade started to slip in one of her classes, the instructor chastised her more severly than I would have, I didn't even have to follow-up. She got the point

Last modified Omaha North Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.