Omaha North Magnet High School 4

Posted June 28, 2014
Wow. a rating of a 1? I went to this high school in 1998 and I'm shocked it has received the lowest score.

Posted August 09, 2013
I love this school. So many opportunities and things to do. The teachers are great.

Posted July 29, 2009
This school is excellent. The classes offered here are great and the school has really taken a big step forward into the world of technology.

Posted November 14, 2008
North has been a strong supported of NEC Tutoring as a means to provide students with extra individual support outside of the classroom. NEC Tutoring remains in constant contact with each student's teacher to provide insight, suggestions, and keep track of the student's improvements. Creating this well rounded and all-angled approach from the classroom teacher, NEC tutor, and parent, ensures that the student master the materials and ultimately gain a strong academic foundation. In addition to academic support, NEC also placed a strong emphasis on organization and improving study skills. Visit www.NECtutoring.com or call (402) 238-1635 to start making the most out of your child's education.

Posted October 11, 2008
I'm a senior at North this year, and I know if went to any other high school, I couldn't have excelled as far in math. The only two teachers with Math doctorates in OPS both teach at North high. I've been talking to many current college students about majoring in math, and when I tell them what math classes I'm in, they are shocked I'm taking them as a high school senior! North also has wonderful engineering, science, music, and art departments, but I know because of North High I will go into college with all of my Calculus completely out of the way!

Omaha North Magnet High School 1

Posted September 30, 2008

Posted January 28, 2008
I'm a sophomore at North. I was new to Omaha my freshmen year, and I'm extremely impressed with the honors and AP classes offered here. There are really a lot of opportunities for students at North that aren't available at other schools.

Omaha North Magnet High School 0

Posted July 09, 2007
My daughter will be a junior at NHS this year and she loves it. The curriculum is great but challenging, I like the honors and AP classes they offer. The faculty earnestly care about the success of the students. When my daughter's grade started to slip in one of her classes, the instructor chastised her more severly than I would have, I didn't even have to follow-up. She got the point

Posted February 25, 2006
My son is a freshman this year and for the first time in his life is on the honor roll. I believe a big reason for this is the JROTC Program at North. The Major is excellent and the teachers encourage what he promotes in his kids, discipline, taking responisibility for yourself and your actions and leadership. My son is in the Pottery Program and it is one of the best. North tends to get a bad rap b/c of the area of town it is located in, but as a Magnet school it is where my son wanted to go. He says there are never any fights in the hall or open confrontations anywhere on school grounds(I work w/teens from all over the city.) I would recommend North to any parent!

Omaha North Magnet High School 3

Posted January 31, 2006
My daughter has been happy with her 1st freshman semester at North. I have been worried about their ability to be forthcoming.

Omaha North Magnet High School
4410 North 36th St, Omaha, NE  68111
Last modified Omaha North Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Omaha North Magnet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.