Bad
Good

I used to go to pinewood it was a good school. Pinewood created a good experience. Little did I know I would go to Nathan Hale Magnet Middle School and be in the honors classes.

This is NOT an accurate rating for 2014!!! However, I'm am 36 now and when I was in the 2nd grade - I went here. This school STILL haunts me in my nightmares!!!! It was a horrible experience for me!!!!!! My very large female teacher sat on me several times and would yell at everyone. One of the most horrific things I remeber was spelling! We would have a test and if you got a 100% you would walk around the room and chant " I got a 100 percent" at all the unfortunate kids ( myself included) while we looked on ashamed of our selfs. HORRIBLE! I also " learned " how to do math a crazy way that is still plaguing me today. Just awful! I sincerely believe it couldn't possibly be this way anymore. I hope it is a great CHANGED school today. I'm not even sure why I felt compelled to look up reviews on this school, or why I felt the need to post this. I just really REALLY hope it's not like this today!

Caring staff, strong emphasis on academics, many clubs and activities. It is multiage and open classrooms. Overall, it is a nice school.

Last modified Pinewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.