Omaha, NE
Students enrolled: 2,212

Posted February 02, 2010
Left Westside for Omaha South, totally amazed.. Love the technology involved, gets you totally prepared for college. Teachers are very helpful and caring about the students.. Everyone is accepting of everyone there..

Posted October 19, 2009
great school my only concern is that as a parent I am not getting all the info in need to help my student everythng from grades to school envolment (clubs and organization)

Posted January 09, 2008
I was very proud to be part of the drama and vocal music departments as well as the only public school handbell choir in the state of Nebraska for four years. As well as part of the best JROTC in the district for three years.

Posted March 27, 2007
I think South, more than anything, is a great school to prepare you for the real world, where you will have to learn to get along with people different from yourself.

Posted March 11, 2006
South Hish is hands down,the best school in the Omaha Public Schools District. There are exceptional teachers, outstanding administrators, excellent students, and amazing parent parcipitation. South is the place for anyone who want to succeed in life.

Posted December 04, 2005
zoned to benson, but bus to south to attend their magnet arts program. excellent teachers, strong program. highly recommended.

Posted March 12, 2005
South high is the performing arts mag. They have many groups and fun activities for students to do. This is the only public school that has a Handbell Choir. The music is fun and all the teachers help each student. They are there for the students when they need them. All I have to say is GO PACKERS!

Omaha South Magnet High School 3

Posted January 20, 2005
Omaha South High was an absolutely amazing school. There are numerous activities and clubs available to the students which is a fantastic way to keep them involved. I love South High and have been watching it grow for years. I enjoyed the four short years that I spent there and will always be proud to call myself a SOUTH HIGH PACKER.

Posted April 12, 2004
South was a great school that I am extremely proud to say that I come from. There are so many opportunities there - but so many choose not to be involved. I got so much out of it, even if we weren't the greatest in athletics, there was so much more there than at a previous school I had attended in the Omaha area, before transferring as a sophomore. I just really hope that more kids will attend South, and actually get involved - do something. No other school has opportunities such as the Omaha History Museum, Women's Studies classes, a partnership with Opera Omaha, and many, many more! It's wonderful!

Omaha South Magnet High School
4519 South 24th St, Omaha, NE  68107
Last modified Omaha South Magnet High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Omaha South Magnet High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top