Bad
Good

I am a "new" parent to Sunny Slope I have two students that are doing wonderfully academically. Unfortunately, some of our personal life has infiltrated Sunny Slope and I had to have numerous meetings with Ms. Whitehouse regarding my ex-husband's bad behavior (I have full custody). She listened, understood and respected my wishes in regards to the educational needs of my children. The staff is very commited to their profession. Their professionalism, honesty and integrity is evident everyday.

My 2 children (girls) go to this school. Not only does the PTA not get involved more with the children for activities, (they only plan one field-trip per class per year) But the PTA seems to be a social club. I can't give good reviews of this school, it is just bad. if I had a chance to pull my kids out and send them back to Bellevue schools, I would in an instant. The Teachers are just wanting to get their stuff done and not really teach. IMHO Don't send your kids to Sunnyslope Elementary.

My son is a kindergartner this year at Sunnyslope Elementary, and I am very impressed with their program. He just had his 3rd quarter conference, and to see the vast improvement in his writing and reading skills from September 2006 to March 2007 was wonderful! He learns respect and rules in his class, and has also applied his rules from school at home. They also have programs in place to teach the appropriate behavior at school and each child knows what is expected of him/her. I now have a daughter starting kindergarten in the fall, and would not want to send her anywhere else but Sunnyslope. I am extremely confident in the teachers and the principal.

Very poorly organized school. My daughter was new this year and my first impression was the principal allowing me to walk right past him and he didn't even stop me or ask me who I was or what I was doing there. He didn't and still doesn't know me. I have great concerns about safety. Next, the curriculum lacks a challenge. This elementary is in need of some extra curriculum to help keep the students busy, and out of trouble. If I had not moved into this district I would never have my daughter attend here. We are going to try and move.

Last modified Sunny Slope Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.