Bad
Good

FYI: This school does not have a Preschool program. Most OPS schools do not, even though this sites notes that they do. I have no personal experience with this school as of yet, other than confirming the lack of a PK class.

This school has really great teachers and some of the kids are nice. Others need a lot of help. They do not get a very long recess and their extra curricular are ok, there is more testing than should be. I wish that there was more focus on learning styles than teaching to the test. There also needs to be more supervision in the lunch room and cafeteria. It could be better.

This has been an excellent school not only now with my grandchildren, but when my two daughters attended there. The staff is alway great and interested. The extra help and time that the teachers put in for my children's success and my grandson shows.

Western Hills has a school garden and an innovative elective program. They partner with the University of Nebraska at Omaha on many different topics.

I am very pleased overall with the academic programs offered at Western Hills. The art class is totally more then I could have expected and the electives that are offered are a wide range and my children love them! The teachers are wonderful. Having utilized the speech program, I can only say that it is beyond words, it is a awesome program and has made a huge difference in my children. Another great thing about the school is the emphasis they put on reading and how key that is to all levels of learning. The only downside I see is parental involvement but the teachers and principal are doing everything to change that but it is an up-hill climb. We need more parents involved, period.

Great first year, very disappointed so far 2nd year. School consumed with behavior modification rather than on education. Little communication unless something bad happens. I will say that I am impressed with their variety of 'electives' and their expedition style learning. They do offer a variety of after school and extra-curricular activities, but my children have never been asked to join. Bottom line, think twice before applying to this magnet school. I don't feel that they nurture parent involvement unless/until your child becomes a problem.

Western Hills Elementary is one of the finest schools I have ever had the pleasure of visiting and my children the opportunity of attending. Their extracurricular activities are vast and varied and the parent involvement has been extraordinary. I am proud to have my children attending such a dedicated school!

Last modified Western Hills Magnet Center is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.