9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

It honestly depends on the teacher. Some are amazing like Mrs Genoeays and Mrs Spanbauer than others are horrible

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They pick a few smart students and use them as poster children. The school quickly covers up all scandals

The students are spoiled rich kids who think they are better than everyone, one girl drives her Porsche to school. The parents think their kids are entitled and rude. You pay almost $10,000 every year for an education you could get at a public school for free. There is no diversity. It would be the worst decision in the world to go there.

Mostly, a good school with good teachers. Most, but not all. Parents have gone to a 35 year math teacher with concerns over teaching methods; example: refusal to grade homework & use it as a learning tool, showing videos in class & refusing to provide more than two or three examples during a class period. She told parents she will not change her methods and the child should drop the class (several have). This school is expensive, bills itself as premier, and yet does not enforce good teaching standards for long time teachers.

MARIAN HIGH SCHOOL WAS ABSOLUTLY THE BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE. I came from a catholic grade school, so Marian was an easy transition. I love my entire class. I mean sure there are a handful of pests and not so nice girls, but the majority are amazing people. I love all of Marian's traditions and I think the teachers are really teaching us to makes us smarter, better people. The faith life at Marian is outstanding. I ABSOLUTLY have become a holier person and have created a better relationship with myself and God. I think Marian is heaven on earth, and I really hope you consider it an option for high school because I have had an amazing experience.

Marian is a great school that produces confident, independent, thinking leaders every year. The course work is rigorous but the teachers are great and extremely helpful. The teachers care about every girl in the school. The girls are hard working and push each other. Marian truly sets up every student for success by providing well-trained counselors, tutors, and a student success coordinator. The environment is great and accepting. Marian is my favorite place in the world. The teachers provide us with values worth living by and push us to be our best in every way possible. It is truly a great school.

As a current sophomore at Marian, I have had both good experiences and bad. They put on a big front about how the girls act like a big happy family, when in reality, there are a lot of cliques and spoiled brats. I have a handful of very good friends there, but other than that I really am not impressed with the attitudes of the students, or the teachers. I went to grade school in the Elkhorn district, and have been taught by teachers in the OPS schools also. Many of the Marian teachers seem like they teach for money, and not for the love of teaching. I have had bad experiences with a lot of the teachers, and I am a quiet kid with a 3.9 GPA. I feel like the teachers don't really care about me. Why would they, with such a secure job through the parochial school system? I will be transferring to an OPS school in a month, because the teachers there are really great and actually care if I succeed or not. A good school has great teachers, and unfortunately Marian no longer fits in this category. Some people have better luck than others, but I am at the end of my patience.

Marian empowers young women to be confident, Thinking, independent, leaders!

As an alumna, I would not send my daughter to any high school in Omaha other than Marian. I didn't understand the benefits when I attended the school, but as soon as I got into college . . . and especially in the business world, it was obvious. Marian creates leaders - women who can stand up and make the right decisions for themselves and for others.

I can't say enough good things about Marian in 150 words but I will try. I enrolled her at Marian in her sophomore year after much apprehension by her and the school was more than I expected. The staff, principle included knows my daughter and has worked with her through the transition as I had moved my family several times in a 3 year period. Her maturity and perspective have been inspiring. If growth is about getting broad perspectives and fulfilling ones destiny, than Marian lays the foundation to achieve that goal. The school sponsored trip to China last year was just a cherry on an already awesome cake. If you do or don't have the means to send your daughter to this school you must find a way! Graduate 07! I'm proud of them both!

Last modified Marian High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12