Omaha, NE

Mary Our Queen School 3

Posted April 24, 2015
Mary Our Queen has a wonderful community of parents and students who are actively involved. There are many different ways for parents to become involved in the community and it feels like one large family. We love the teachers at MOQ as they are compassionate and educated and love what they do. The only problem we have seen at MOQ is the administration. The current principal needs to be removed. We adored the previous principal as she was a wonderful leader who was involved and loved her school. The current principal runs the school like a business. She is not compassionate and doesn't like to acknowledge any problems in her school. There is a large problem with bullying going on, but she pretends it isn't happening. There are no programs to educate the kids on bullying and what to do if there's a problem. Parents have complained on the parent survey but she continues to ignore it. We've also noticed she's involved in many other things and is rarely at the school, leaving her duties in the hands of random people in the office while she is gone. I would love for them to find a different principal to get the school back to the days of being one large family with a wonderful leader!

Posted December 20, 2012
Mary Our Queen is the best school in the city of Omaha!!! We drive our children 8 miles each way to attend MOQ. The school is very academically challenging, and I firmly believe that our children are thoroughly prepared to succeed in high school & life. Our Principal's background in Academic Standards at the Archdiocese has been great for our school. Our teachers & school staff include the kindest, most loving, & supportive people I know. My children have adored their teachers & feel loved in return. As a mother, I have found numerous opportunities to volunteer at the school & church. Through the MOMS program, Home & School Assoc, & Ladies' Guild, I have met a group of moms who have become my very best friends. My husband has made many close friends through Men's Club & MOQ sports. They continuously educate the students on treating others as Jesus would, with kindness, respect, & love. The school counselor was swift & thorough in resolving an issue between my child & another, involving unkind words. They required the children to meet together & one-on-one with the counselor several times. The girls learned how to make better, more Christian-like decisions & are now friends.

Posted December 20, 2012
I'm so happy we found Mary Our Queen. The teachers are excellent, they do everything they can for the students. A solid Catholic foundation, they emphasize helping others and the community. They have a rigorous curriculum and offer a variety of extra curricular activities. The school has competitive Math and Robotics clubs. I am thrilled with the school and couldn't ask for more.

Mary Our Queen School 1

Posted April 30, 2012
The principal refuses to acknowledge a huge problem with bulleying within the school. Her method in dealing with the problem is to deny that it exists. Acedemically, Mary Our Queen lacks and is much worse than other area catholic schools. Socially, the school has great extracurricular activities, sports and a wonderful sense of community in which all are made to feel welcome. There are many opportunities for volunteering and parental involvement. I have to give only one star though due to the seriousness of the bulleying problem and the lack of commitment to protect all students by the principal.

Posted October 09, 2008
i went there and it had great teachers and a great atmosphire we pulled together in time of need and is just a wonderful learning enviorment.

Posted July 28, 2007
Our children have acedemically blossomed at MOQ. The teachers and staff are very committed to the students and families. Parents are very involved and provide a wonderful social support network.

Posted November 10, 2006
MOQ is a great experience for elementary aged kids, teachers go above and beyond to give your child a great education and to prepare them for high school and beyond. My son has had an excellent experience in sports and boy scouts at MOQ, the parent involvement has been outstanding. No problems with bullying or social clicks, all the students seem to get along with the older kids really helping with the younger.

Posted July 04, 2005
Academically a year ahead of public schools. Half day kindergarten class perfectly prepared our child for first grade. There is a variety of extra-curricular activities and programs. Allows parents to be involved in day to day activities if desired. Honors classes offered and competitive with other schools.

Posted April 12, 2005
Mary Our Queen is a great school the best in fact. They are very academicly traind and give it back to their students.

Mary Our Queen School