9-12|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter goes to Mercy and is currently a Junior. This school has been nothing short of fantastic! The teachers are top notch and she has received opportunities to expand her horizons that simply would not have been available to her at a public school. This school empowers girls and truly creates "Women of Mercy". I have read the "teacher" review and as a parent have utterly no clue what that person is speaking of! I have never seen students "informing" on one another, if anything the Mercy girls are an example to all female students in Omaha. They are strong, independent, empathetic and strive to "lift" each other up. I only wish I had been able to attend Mercy as a teen! This school is a gem and so glad our daughter is a part of it.

Three of my sisters and I have graduated from Mercy High School and I continually recommend it to friends and coworkers. I had a great education and made lasting friendships. The "teacher" who wrote that review couldn't be more off base. When my father was unemployed for six months, Mercy did not require us to pay tuition and never asked us to pay them back. They take girls from many different backgrounds and teach them to be accepting, strong women. Many girls who have been kicked out of other schools, be it for grades or discipline, find a home at Mercy. I was well prepared for college and had a truly unique high school experience. Mercy is an amazing school and any girl would be lucky to go there.

I had the excellent privilege to not only be a student at Mercy High School, but also a student teacher. As a student, I felt like I was given an excellent education and all my teachers were incredible. My college classes and teachers paled in comparison. It truly showed me how much the teachers at Mercy put into this school. It's inspiring. Also, the friends I made there are still the best I have. Furthermore, the school is steeped in tradition which gives the students a lot of really fun experiences. The school also provides a number of travel opportunities through the occasional mission/service trip or summer trip abroad. From a student teacher stand point, it was wonderful to be part of it. The teachers are like family and many of the teachers have worked there for years. Something was mentioned about if you don't have money you won't get any recognition. I truly believe this to be false. Mercy provides tuition assistance and embraces that diversity and wants to provide a quality education regardless of how much your parents make. One day I would love to send my daughter to Mercy and I would strongly encourage any young girl to go there.

I am a junior at Mercy, and if you are looking for the best education and preparation for college for your daughter-- send her to Mercy. I've shadowed at other schools but none compared to Mercy, no one really understands how great it is until you go there.

Mercy High School is unique high school that I have only praise for. After reading other reviews, especially one submitted by a "teacher," I felt that I needed to share my thoughts. Mercy is open to everyone, regardless of financial or educational background. I personally have girls in my class who have disabilities that would probably not be accepted at any other private school in the area. Mercy not only welcomes these girls in, but goes the extra mile to help them learn. On the financial note, I am not well off financially (and have never taken an art class) but I don't feel as if that has hinder my experience or caused the faculty members to care about me less than the other girls. If you are looking for a wonderful school for your daughter where she can make friends, memories, and become a well-rounded, college prepared student, I encourage you to look at Mercy High School.

The face value of the school is important but should not exceed the ethical responsibility this HS is lacking towards it's own staff and lower level learners. If your child is good at art, or from a wealthy family then you will have praise and admiration regarding the treatment of your child's enrollment at Mercy. However, this school is deeply rooted in a tradition of alliances, and useless meddling to create false repulations of achievement based upon casting out the week, poor, or learning disabled. It seems they love to entertain the idea that LD students have disciple issues and actually call students to report in secret to administration (w/o parent consent!) how to get rid of those who attempt to point out this school does not accomodate or follow through on a promise to parents their child will have resources to excel. Parents should beware.

This is a great school. They offer a great eduacation to get you ready for college.

This school is like a second home to me and i dont think i could ever leave. but eventually i will have too. Mercy is filled with amazing people all kind and helpful. the staff and teachers are a blast and pull off the most hilarious stunts when you least expect it. ive learned so much at this school and will never forget a single second of it. Jordan Flesher Class of 2011

I currently go to MHS and I love it! The teachers go above to help you with your studies.I enjoy the safeness and what they provide for us.It deff gets 5 stars.

I am currently a freshman attending MHS. The environment is very friendly and everyone knows everyone. The classes are challenging and I don't get bored in class. The only down side is you can't graduate your junior year, because of required classes senior year. The athletics are good and very few if anyone is cut from the teams. As a freshman I know most the people by name, and hang out with people from all grades. Danielle Davis, class of 2011

Last modified Mercy High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12