No rating

Our Lady Of Lourdes School

Private | PK-8 | 261 students

Living in Omaha

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $97,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted February 8, 2009

I had my son sent to that school. He said it stank really bad. The dress code was destructive of their personal lives. The same content was taught basically each year. overall horrible

Posted December 5, 2007

I graduated from OLL in 2003. I am very offended by the people who wrote that this school does not provide a good education. At the high school I attended, 'The Lourdes Girls' were the ones in the honors classes. I agree that sports is emphasized, but seriously, we kicked butt! Also, what other Catholic gradeschools in our area can afford a myriad of extracurriculars? I loved Lourdes and am so appreciative that my parents sent me there. My best friends now are the people I met at that school.

Posted March 26, 2006

We definitley feel that our children recieve a quality education at OLL. We are invovled parents that allow the administration to run the school and if we have trouble with anything we go directly to the principal and discuss the issue. There has been some new staff in the past few years, four teachers relocated due to their spouses jobs, one retired, and there were others that left for their own personal reasons. This happens with every school. We have found the teachers willing to work with our children in areas that they struggle. We have one child that is involed in sportts and one that is not and they both love OLL! Extracurricualr activities are available but depend on parent volunteers, however the chess club is run by a teacher. I am so sad to read the previous, sour grapes, reviews. We love OLL.

Posted August 3, 2005

I graduated from this school in 1998, and I feel it prepared me very well for high school. I continued on to a public high school and saw the difference between public and private. Many of the public students were upset with what they thought to be a heavy homework load. I remember Our Lady of Lourdes being difficult at times, but I was well prepared because I thought the homework load in high school was much less difficult. After high school I received a full-ride scholarship for the University of Nebraska at Omaha. I will graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering in May of 2007, and I credit Our Lady of Lourdes for pointing me in the right direction.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 5, 2005

A school with major 'internal' problems. School lacks leadership to develop necessary academic improvements. During the past few years little regard given to music and art as well as technology. Sports are overdone. Discipline is not consistent. Keep looking for a school, this one is not for you unless your kids can teach themselves.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted June 29, 2005

This has always been a very cliquish school. It depends on who you are as to how your child will be treated. There is extreme favortism shown to certain families by the administration on down to faculty and staff. Sadly enough with all the turmoil, educating the children comes second. There is alot of parental invovement by a select group who want their say. Extracurriculars are all sports related. The enrollment has plummeted in the last few years due to constant turmoil and bickering. We, as many parents, have removed our children. I would not recommend enrolling.

Posted May 25, 2005

This could be a wonderful school,if staff changes are done, from principal down. Your children need to be smart to go there, I have taken my kids out.

Posted March 8, 2005

First of all, there are at two other excellent parochial schools both within 2 miles of Our Lady of Lourdes (St Thomas More & St Cecilia's) There is also a fairly well-respected public elementary school 5 blocks away. Bottom line: Our Lady of Lourdes has had serious problems within their administrative ranks and allows too much influence from a few, favored Catholic parents. Sports are emphasized with very few non-athletic extracurricular activities offered. Nice neighborhood but avoid this school until they iron out their issues. Overall academics are good but we can honestly say that we would have sent our children elsewhere had we known what we know now.

Posted December 3, 2004

My kids started as preschoolers, spent afternoons in extended care, and are now progressing nicely through elementary school. I feel that they are receiving an excellent academic, spiritual, and social education. The sense of family and community in this school is strong. Parents are encouraged to be active in parish and school activities. A great school in a beautiful part of town.

Posted April 26, 2004

Best school in area. Extracurricular activities are excellent if you're only interested in sports. Administration has tolerated more discipline problems by the minority of students at the expense of the majority of students. A few parents have too much influence in school administrative decisions. Over 50% of the faculty has been replaced in the last two years.

Posted September 4, 2003

OLL is a fantastic parish-supported Catholic schoool. Our children have attended school there for several years. The education is superior. The teachers are incredible. Parental involvement is strongly encouraged.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Omaha

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2124 South 32nd Avenue