No rating

Our Lady Of Lourdes School

Private | PK-8

Living in Omaha

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $97,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted yesterday

I attended Our Lady of Lourdes from preschool through 8th grade and graduated fairly recently. At OLL I received a wonderful, well-rounded education that prepared me for high school and college. I found that because of my OLL education, I was able to adjust to high school much better than many of my peers from other schools. The principal and teachers truly care about all of the students and want them to succeed. The teachers foster a great environment and help the students feel safe and welcome. I still keep in contact with a few of my teachers from OLL! There is a good sense of community here; because of this I was able to make lifelong friends. I would recommend Our Lady of Lourdes to anyone who wants to give their child a lifetime advantage! I hope to send my children to OLL someday.

Posted Friday, August 15, 2014

Great school, simply wonderful. I appreciate the community feel and high standards. The teachers and principal work hard to make sure the students are good to each other and are learning everyday. I can be part of the school if I so choose. It's simply a tremendous school. I have always found the teachers and principal willing to help. The teachers all received iPads and there is a new set of chrome books for the kids. All the rooms even have projectors. Those who talk poorly of the school have an axe to grind, high standards may not be for everyone, or simply don't know the truth. I recommend without reservation.

Posted August 11, 2014

School is afraid of changing structure. The principal is not willing to take many student suggestions. As a friend of one of the class presidents, I've heard that he hardly ever listens to what the student body and to say or wants to improve. Sadly, the music and technology program is crumbling. There is no real technology teacher, and the home room teachers have the class to themselves. So If you want your children to be taught to be technology savvy, this isn't a good choice.The students need a teacher to teach them about the new ways this generation is working: with computers and tablets. Also, sad to hear the music teacher is leaving. But before the last, many music teachers have come and gone. I believe there was three of them who only stayed for A year. I think that I have had 4 or 5 different music teachers. I don't know why they all left, but they did. As a younger student, I've heard from some friends of mine, that the after school program staff was very poorly selected. The don't pay attention, and most of the time are playing on thir devices. Overall, I did get an average education. But I did not enjoy my time. I would recommend a different choice.

Posted August 8, 2014

I was a student at Our Lady of Lourdes for 10 years, and it was some of the worst years of my life. In my year of 3rd grade, we got a new principal. For a while things were looking up for the school, but then they became worse. Other students and I came to the principal many times on account of bullying and rude teachers. We were told something would be done, but nothing was ever done. Also, the school is incredibly biased. If you're not in a family that is immensely involved in the school or church or you are a student who gets perfect grades, you will not win any scholarships, awards, you will not be seen in the school newspaper, or anything. I would not reccomend this school for your kids.

Posted August 6, 2013

Great school, simply great. The teachers and staff really care about the kids and want them to achieve their full potential. The principal is visible, caring, and accessible. The academics and Catholic values are stressed. Parents can be involved too. Great school, glad to be part of it.

Posted October 13, 2011

Get serious people this location doesn't have many other choices. OLL has improved significantly but there still are some concerns. OLL traditionally feels more like a club than a community. Leadership caters to a handful of parents who think they and their kids are better than everyone else. If you re not in this self-centered clan, your kids will never get the lead role in the school play, never get their photo in the local newsletter, and never be selected for subjective awards and scholarships at graduation. The school doesn t believe in spreading it around. Not to worry the ignored kids use this as motivation and outperform the pretenders when college scholarships are awarded. Support the teachers stay involved and laugh at the parents who act like they own the joint. Now the really good news. The school always turns out some high performers and the school become outstanding because the kids of some of the meddling parents are gone & they finally hired a great principal.Get past the politics and OLL offers a very good learning experience for you and your child!!

Posted April 4, 2011

A great new principal has made a real difference in the last two years. Declining enrollments mean small class sizes that benefit your children. My kids enjoy the structure and discipline of a Catholic school. It's a shame more parents aren't involved though. Too many parents (even at a parochial school) think that they send their children off to get educated and don't need to be involved. OLL offers a great sense of community and a solid Catholic education.

Posted March 22, 2010

Great school. Wonderful staff. Small classes. Community feel. Fine academics.

Posted February 28, 2010

OLL is a great school to send your child to. We have small classes, great teachers, high expectations, religious teaching, extra clubs, and lots of chances for parents to be involved. There is a feeling of community. My child's test scores are great, thanks to OLL.

Posted February 16, 2010

Our Lady of Lourdes is a great school to send your child. Academics are above par and the atomosphere is very family oriented. A++

Posted January 30, 2010

I have been part of OLL for a few years and this school is great, and has gotten even better recently. There are so many clubs and groups that have been started, there is a theme that talks about kindness, and the level of expectations for behavior and academics have increased too. Any not- positive comment is probably written by a student or parent that is not used to these high expectations. You can get a great education at OLL, but you're expected to work and behave. Anyone that wrote something negative probably doesn't want to work or behave. But this school is top notch, full of good kids and fine staff. There really is a welcoming feel at OLL now.

Posted December 19, 2009

Great school. I graduated recently and found myself to be very well prepared for high school. The staff care about you and challenge you to do well. I was involved and learned so much. Simply a fine school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted December 18, 2009

lourdes is a great school if you want your child to fail in life. its academics are at a low standard and most kids need extra help in high school that graduate from lourdes. there is a lack of teacher involvement. lourdes is a good school(:

Posted September 28, 2009

Lourdes is a very fine school. There is a sense of community that is present; everyone seems to be dedicated to the school. I have been impressed with the prinicpal and staff and their decisions. The rules and expectations have gotten higher over the past 2 years which I was excited to see. Kindness and academics are stressed. My child is getting a great education with small class sizes in caring environment.

Posted September 23, 2009

This school is very weel-unorganized. The involvments with activities has gone down sice recent years. New staff is needed badly (including the pricipal) The dress code is redicolious. I had gotten in trouble for having a little pocket on the side of shorts. The population of the school has gone down rapidly. Overall, this is not a very good school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 29, 2009

Simply a great school. The environment has really changed recently, and kindness and respect are now the norm. I've been impressed with the teachers and administration, they seem to enjoy their work. I also appreciate the good communication between school and home. There are good, specific rules and handbooks to follow. I've been pleased with the academic progress of my child.

Posted August 16, 2009

I have been a parent at OLL for a few years now, and I feel the school is really on an upswing. The new teachers and administration have greatly improved the atmosphere and attitude of the school. There are so many new groups that have started to give the students more opportunities. There is also a sense of respect and kindness that has been emphasized. There are rules to be followed and consequences if they are not which is exactly as it should be. I also have had many opportunities to be involved; it just takes my own effort. I have been pleased with the academic, and religious, skills my child has obtained at OLL. Academic rigor is important. With the small class sizes and superior staff OLL will continue be a great school. I'm glad to be here.

Posted July 8, 2009

I think OLL is a great school. I was disappointed to read the 'sour grapes' comments of others. My child is receiving a well-rounded education, and religious ideals that will last a lifetime. The new administration and teachers have really helped to create a fun, educational, yet respect-filled environment. There are many new programs, clubs, and ideas that have begun recently. Certainly there are high expectations for behavior and dress, and consequences when those expectations are not met. But that is what most parents want. There are opportunities for parental involvement, but that is how a school should be and many parents want to be involved. The building itself has had many improvements and is quite nice. If you are looking for a great school check out OLL.

Posted June 24, 2009

Our Lady of Lourdes is a great school. The staff really seem to care about the students. I found the discipline to be fair and consistent. But poor behavior is not tolerated. High expectations were the norm. The school also looks modern and clean. A good education will be received at OLL.

Posted May 12, 2009

I agree with past reviews that stated that a few parents seem to run the school. Discipline is not consistant. Punishments are handed out for wrong color headbands for girls, wrong socks, lockers not clean. It is definately a who knows who school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Omaha

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2124 South 32nd Avenue