Omaha, NE

Posted August 20, 2014
I attended Our Lady of Lourdes from preschool through 8th grade and graduated fairly recently. At OLL I received a wonderful, well-rounded education that prepared me for high school and college. I found that because of my OLL education, I was able to adjust to high school much better than many of my peers from other schools. The principal and teachers truly care about all of the students and want them to succeed. The teachers foster a great environment and help the students feel safe and welcome. I still keep in contact with a few of my teachers from OLL! There is a good sense of community here; because of this I was able to make lifelong friends. I would recommend Our Lady of Lourdes to anyone who wants to give their child a lifetime advantage! I hope to send my children to OLL someday.

Posted August 15, 2014
Great school, simply wonderful. I appreciate the community feel and high standards. The teachers and principal work hard to make sure the students are good to each other and are learning everyday. I can be part of the school if I so choose. It's simply a tremendous school. I have always found the teachers and principal willing to help. The teachers all received iPads and there is a new set of chrome books for the kids. All the rooms even have projectors. Those who talk poorly of the school have an axe to grind, high standards may not be for everyone, or simply don't know the truth. I recommend without reservation.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 2

Posted August 11, 2014
School is afraid of changing structure. The principal is not willing to take many student suggestions. As a friend of one of the class presidents, I've heard that he hardly ever listens to what the student body and to say or wants to improve. Sadly, the music and technology program is crumbling. There is no real technology teacher, and the home room teachers have the class to themselves. So If you want your children to be taught to be technology savvy, this isn't a good choice.The students need a teacher to teach them about the new ways this generation is working: with computers and tablets. Also, sad to hear the music teacher is leaving. But before the last, many music teachers have come and gone. I believe there was three of them who only stayed for A year. I think that I have had 4 or 5 different music teachers. I don't know why they all left, but they did. As a younger student, I've heard from some friends of mine, that the after school program staff was very poorly selected. The don't pay attention, and most of the time are playing on thir devices. Overall, I did get an average education. But I did not enjoy my time. I would recommend a different choice.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 1

Posted August 08, 2014
I was a student at Our Lady of Lourdes for 10 years, and it was some of the worst years of my life. In my year of 3rd grade, we got a new principal. For a while things were looking up for the school, but then they became worse. Other students and I came to the principal many times on account of bullying and rude teachers. We were told something would be done, but nothing was ever done. Also, the school is incredibly biased. If you're not in a family that is immensely involved in the school or church or you are a student who gets perfect grades, you will not win any scholarships, awards, you will not be seen in the school newspaper, or anything. I would not reccomend this school for your kids.

Posted August 06, 2013
Great school, simply great. The teachers and staff really care about the kids and want them to achieve their full potential. The principal is visible, caring, and accessible. The academics and Catholic values are stressed. Parents can be involved too. Great school, glad to be part of it.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 4

Posted October 13, 2011
Get serious people this location doesn't have many other choices. OLL has improved significantly but there still are some concerns. OLL traditionally feels more like a club than a community. Leadership caters to a handful of parents who think they and their kids are better than everyone else. If you re not in this self-centered clan, your kids will never get the lead role in the school play, never get their photo in the local newsletter, and never be selected for subjective awards and scholarships at graduation. The school doesn t believe in spreading it around. Not to worry the ignored kids use this as motivation and outperform the pretenders when college scholarships are awarded. Support the teachers stay involved and laugh at the parents who act like they own the joint. Now the really good news. The school always turns out some high performers and the school become outstanding because the kids of some of the meddling parents are gone & they finally hired a great principal.Get past the politics and OLL offers a very good learning experience for you and your child!!

Posted April 04, 2011
A great new principal has made a real difference in the last two years. Declining enrollments mean small class sizes that benefit your children. My kids enjoy the structure and discipline of a Catholic school. It's a shame more parents aren't involved though. Too many parents (even at a parochial school) think that they send their children off to get educated and don't need to be involved. OLL offers a great sense of community and a solid Catholic education.

Posted March 22, 2010
Great school. Wonderful staff. Small classes. Community feel. Fine academics.

Our Lady Of Lourdes School 0

Posted February 28, 2010
OLL is a great school to send your child to. We have small classes, great teachers, high expectations, religious teaching, extra clubs, and lots of chances for parents to be involved. There is a feeling of community. My child's test scores are great, thanks to OLL.

Posted February 16, 2010
Our Lady of Lourdes is a great school to send your child. Academics are above par and the atomosphere is very family oriented. A++

Our Lady Of Lourdes School
2124 South 32nd Avenue, Omaha, NE  68105
Last modified Our Lady Of Lourdes School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of Lourdes School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top