PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Love all the teachers, very easy to talk to and if there is a concern they don't just brush it off they work with you until everyone is on the same page. Could not say enough good things about this childcare the Director Mrs. Cat and all the teachers

Amount of homework: Neutral

Pre-school does not have homework but the teachers are awesome with keeping you in the loop of what the kids are working on so we can work with them at home

Love this childcare all of the teachers are great with kids. We had our first kid in an in home daycare at first once there was an opening available we moved him to St Bernard's, currently we have 2 kids going to St Bernard's. They truly care about the kids they play and learn all day which I love.

Pre-K teacher is wonderful! Last year my son went into pre-K a very shy boy and I was nervous he would not do well. Miss Vamosi helped him bloom. By the end of the year he was reading and writing his colors and numbers and beginning to recognize sight words. He left there a confident little boy who enjoys singing his color and number songs and sitting down to learn. This year, in Kindergarten, he is excited to have homework and loves to go to school.

Amount of homework: Agree

I love that they begin to give homework in Kindergarten now. I have two children that have graduated and their homework load was not extravagant. The teachers do give time to get homework done in school so if the student comes home with a ton everyday it is because they did not take advantage of the time given in class.

This is a horrible school. If you love your children and care about their education than this is not the place for you. If your child is not Catholic your offspring will be persecuted because of their faith. These people are not kind to children.

Speaking as a parent of a special needs prekindergarten student, above average first grader, and a struggling second grader, who all attend St. Bernard, I can say they really try to make the school accessible to everyone. Since the bad review, the first grade teacher retired and was replaced with a sweet and devout young woman. If your child still struggles after sending them to St. Bernard consider getting extra help, but don't judge the school based solely upon your special needs child. There are other schools set up to deal with children who have more severe learning disabilities. Madonna School is one of them. OPS isn't the only answer. We love St. Bernard!

It has the best teacher Good Food Nice Kids and easy to get along with I love every one It gets the eighth graders to get read for high school Fun things to do

St. Bernard School is celebrating 100 years. It's a great school with dedicated teachers. With a convenient location and an onsite childcare center, it has it all.

I have sent my daughter at St. Bernards and it's one of the worst things I could have ever done to my daughter. By first grade she couldn't read or write very good. The first grade teacher was one of the worst teachers she ever had. She was to old to teach, she told me my daughter should have repeated kindergarden. But in kindergarden she did fine. I kept her there until 2nd grade we left right after Christmas. It didn't get any better. She received extra help, but still had trouble after going to a couple different schools. And my daughter ended up repeating 4th grade. I found the best school for her. I finally went to a Public School best thing I could have ever done for my daughter. She loves it. She can read and write. Two months into school, she is already improving. Public Schools have more funds to help your child. So parents think again about sending your kids to a private school espcially if they need help. And St. Bernards is one of the worst schools to ever go to. I think everybody should know about St. Bernards.

Last modified St. Bernard Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8