PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

We would love to welcome you to our St. Cecilia School Family. For more information, please view our website www.stcecilia.net, or call us at 402-556-6655.
June 15, 2010

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

St Cecilia Cathedral School 1

Posted April 23, 2016
St. Cecilia's grade school in Omaha Ne can take credit for years of therapy and self loathing for me. As an adult I can see the fault was in the teachers, not the students. I once SAW a nun throw a boy down the steps while he was still in his desk. The principal once struck me so hard, I was knocked out and came to seeing stars. There were no kind words. Teachers believed in berating children in front of the class. The humiliation and pain impacted my life into adulthood. Fortunately, with therapy, I now see the culprit. I am surprised that anyone would send their child to this school. I don't believe that anyone who attended it would.

Posted February 29, 2016
Top notch academics, caring staff, strong extra-curricular activities, and outstanding Catholic faith formation. We would not choose any other school in the area.

Posted April 11, 2013
Both of my children are graduated of St Cecilia's and are not at Central High School. They were so well prepared for high school. I can not say enough nice things about St. C'!!!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted June 15, 2010

Posted June 14, 2010
I have two children who have graduated from St. Cecilia School. They could not have been better prepared academically, spiritually, or socially to succeed in high school and beyond. Looking at how successful St. Cecilia graduates are during their high school years is proof. In this year alone, the St. C. Class of 2006, as high school seniors, yielded 2 National Merit Scholars and over 1/2 won college scholarships!

Posted April 29, 2010
I'm very happy we found St. Cecilia's. The teachers are great, they do everything they can for the students. They base their education in the catholic thought of helping others, being aware of the community. St. Cecilia's do not care just about their brains, but their hearts too. With that said, students win competitions statewide and are prepare for whatever comes their way in the academic field. So it is a very complete education. If you go tour St. Cecilia's I am sure if there is a student by the door, he/she will open it for you. I am thrilled with the school and couldn't ask for more.

St Cecilia Cathedral School 1

Posted April 12, 2009
We enrolled our child at St. Cecilia's for all the reason's people posted here. We were seriously disappointed. We found the parents standoffish, the class size too big, they have no funding for any child who has learning disabilities, and I was made to feel that my child was a menace to society due to his ADHD. He is now enrolled in a public school where he is flourishing and has kids that actually want to play with him, and have welcomed him into their classroom even though we ve had to transfer him at the end of the school year. I would never recommend this school to anyone.

Posted September 14, 2008
St. Cecilia was selected as a National Exemplary School also received a National Blue Ribbon. The Principal and faculty are A++ many having received individual national recognition.They are very dedicated, helping each student excel. Good social/ economic diversity. Families A++ Great extracurriculars.

Posted April 07, 2008
Fabulous school with absolutely amazing faculty and families. We love the diversity in this school and recommend it anytime we have the opportunity!

Posted February 25, 2008
This is an amazinf school for several reasons. The faculty is top knotch, the parents are involved and friendly, and the leadership is second to none. I can't imagine sending my child anywhere else. When more than 12 of the graduates are on honor rolls at high schools around town and our students are regulars for valedictorian and other prizes, I know the academics are strong. But Catholic education means that we want solid faith formation, and that shines through in everything the students do. These are the best behaved students you could ever want to meet.

St Cecilia Cathedral School
3869 Webster Street, Omaha, NE  68131
Last modified St Cecilia Cathedral School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8