No rating

St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School

Private | PK-8 | 806 students

Living in Omaha

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $76,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $670.

Posted August 5, 2014

My son went to St Pius X/St Leo from Pre-K to 1st grade. The teachers that he had were wonderful. The reason we decided not to come back to SPSL is the way the Principle runs the school. There was an incident where we had a meeting with her to discuss some parental concerns and she kept throwing her hands in the air, rolling her eyes and telling us she "couldn't believe we were sitting there discussing all this!" Very unprofessional in my opinion. I did NOT want my child going to a school that's run like that. I've been told by several people who know the principle's reputation that she only brown noses to those families who pay a lot of money to the school. You don't really matter to her if you don't. And due to it being a private school, they are constantly asking for money/help. I give the teachers a 5 star rating and the Principle a 1 star rating.

Posted March 23, 2011

I have had 3 children graduate from St. Pius./St. Leo. Their education was as well as can be expected. The teachers were great (God bless them). We lived 2 blocks from the school for the first 6 years. The kids were terrible. There was a difference in the split between the two areas. My kids came home many days crying saying they were poor. We moved to st leo's parish. since the kids had known them from pius days it never stopped. it was obvious Mrs. Gubbles received all kinds of awards but I never saw any compassion in her. The kids did learn something from this school and that is not to bully and be compassionate toward others. One is in afganistan as a computer engineer, the other two are on the deans list in school. If you are lucky enough to have money than this is the school for you. You will see Mrs Gubbels because she only hangs with the wealthy for their support.

Posted August 9, 2010

The St. Pius X/ St. Le. School has helped me so much during my first years in America. The teacher and student support there was extremely helpful, and that's where I really first began to speak English. My first friends in America cared about my growth and the teachers boosted my confidence. When I left, I felt really very morose, and when I transferred to my new school, the community wasn't as friendly as the atmosphere had been at St. Pius X/ St. Leo. To be honest, there is no other place quite as great to start a new life in blessed America as this School. I love how it's so religious and I think that is also a factor that creates this wonderful atmosphere for students young and older to thrive in. - a former student

Posted May 25, 2010

i am a student at st. pius. it is a wonderful school very nice teachers. they teach you alot and you WILL have a very great future!

Posted September 13, 2009

I am currently a student at St. Pius X/St Leo, and it is great! The teachers are amazing and there is a real sense of community there! I am going to be really sad when I graduate.
—Submitted by a student

Posted July 23, 2008

This is a phenomenal school, particularly because of Principal Goebbels. She cares very much about the needs of the students as well as the needs of the parents. I graduated from the school in 1982 and didn't even consider other schools when the time came to send my children.

Posted August 14, 2005

I am a former student of St. Pius/St. Leo and I wanted to say that St. Pius was the best thing that has happened to me, from the teachers to the friendships I will have a life time. They have taught me alot of things that will help me for high school and college.The classes are fun and unforgettable.Classes range from music to science.There are also many extracurricular activities like sports,sceince club,speech and drama,and spirit squad.I'm sad that I'm going to miss out on fun stuff like peprallys and crazy hat day and more.

Posted August 6, 2005

This is an awesome school to send you kid(s) to.

Posted May 31, 2005

I just graduated in the 2005 class here at St.piusx/St.Leo and i feel that i am ready to go on to high school and all of the teachers that i've had have been great with teaching me and make it easy and fun also.

Posted February 18, 2005

Great school. I could not be happier with the teachers and staff. I have two children here and would not dream of sending them anywhere else. Provides a well rounded Catholic education which incourages parental involement.

Posted February 9, 2004

Great school! Gives a well rounded catholic education. Offers Spanish which helped my son in high school. Lots of extracurricular activities. My son participated in band, speech, drama, plays, geo-bee as well as sports. Just completed a $2 million dollar renovation. All rooms air conditioned. Teachers are all first rate. St. Pius/St. Leo prepared my son extremely well for high school.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman Catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious