St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2014
My son went to St Pius X/St Leo from Pre-K to 1st grade. The teachers that he had were wonderful. The reason we decided not to come back to SPSL is the way the Principle runs the school. There was an incident where we had a meeting with her to discuss some parental concerns and she kept throwing her hands in the air, rolling her eyes and telling us she "couldn't believe we were sitting there discussing all this!" Very unprofessional in my opinion. I did NOT want my child going to a school that's run like that. I've been told by several people who know the principle's reputation that she only brown noses to those families who pay a lot of money to the school. You don't really matter to her if you don't. And due to it being a private school, they are constantly asking for money/help. I give the teachers a 5 star rating and the Principle a 1 star rating.

St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School 2

Posted March 23, 2011
I have had 3 children graduate from St. Pius./St. Leo. Their education was as well as can be expected. The teachers were great (God bless them). We lived 2 blocks from the school for the first 6 years. The kids were terrible. There was a difference in the split between the two areas. My kids came home many days crying saying they were poor. We moved to st leo's parish. since the kids had known them from pius days it never stopped. it was obvious Mrs. Gubbles received all kinds of awards but I never saw any compassion in her. The kids did learn something from this school and that is not to bully and be compassionate toward others. One is in afganistan as a computer engineer, the other two are on the deans list in school. If you are lucky enough to have money than this is the school for you. You will see Mrs Gubbels because she only hangs with the wealthy for their support.

Posted August 09, 2010
The St. Pius X/ St. Le. School has helped me so much during my first years in America. The teacher and student support there was extremely helpful, and that's where I really first began to speak English. My first friends in America cared about my growth and the teachers boosted my confidence. When I left, I felt really very morose, and when I transferred to my new school, the community wasn't as friendly as the atmosphere had been at St. Pius X/ St. Leo. To be honest, there is no other place quite as great to start a new life in blessed America as this School. I love how it's so religious and I think that is also a factor that creates this wonderful atmosphere for students young and older to thrive in. - a former student

Posted May 25, 2010
i am a student at st. pius. it is a wonderful school very nice teachers. they teach you alot and you WILL have a very great future!

St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2010

St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School 4

Posted September 13, 2009
I am currently a student at St. Pius X/St Leo, and it is great! The teachers are amazing and there is a real sense of community there! I am going to be really sad when I graduate.

Posted October 20, 2008

St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School 0

Posted July 23, 2008
This is a phenomenal school, particularly because of Principal Goebbels. She cares very much about the needs of the students as well as the needs of the parents. I graduated from the school in 1982 and didn't even consider other schools when the time came to send my children.

Posted May 04, 2008

Posted January 08, 2008

St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School
6905 Blondo Street, Omaha, NE  68104
Last modified St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St Pius X/St Leo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top