No rating

St Robert Bellarmine School

Private | K

Living in Omaha

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $165,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $780.

Posted March 2, 2014

I am a former student of St Roberts and was excited to send my child to the same school. My child didn't last long at St Roberts, she was turned away. My child started Kindergarten with knowing how to read, write and knew all the basics and a little more than most children do entering kindergarten. The problem is that my child had ADHD and since she didn't fit into the typical box as with the other kids that went there. She got bored, got irritated , was learning how to be a kindergartner and she was then kicked out. This isn't the only time that I have heard of this happening. If your child is submissive, doesn't question things and obeys rules at all times then send your kid here. I was extremely disappointed by the way the principal handles situations and if your kid has any special needs, go public. They are wiling and accepting and won't judge you for something that should be seen as a positive thing and worked on, instead of claiming to be Christian and truly not being. It was a sad situation, but I am happy that my child is at a public school because she is striving and getting the help she deserves.

Posted December 5, 2012

As a graduate, I can attest that this school prepared me incredibly well for high school and beyond. The academics are challenging, and this made me that much more prepared for high school. The teachers and administration truly care about the students, and they provide an atmosphere where every child can be successful. This is a truly wonderful school, and I could not be more proud to be a graduate of SRB! When I have children, I know that this is where I will want them to get their education!

Posted September 18, 2012

As a parent of three kids who are enginers who did not get a catholic school education I decided to let my son go to st roberts. As a eastern catholic and haveing family menbers in india who are bishops priest nuns I thought it would be a good experience. I was wrong. As a child I was at cabrini and holy cross and I witnessed the hatred and dumbing of kids by fellow catholic kids that bully smart kids. I saw myself and other kids being tormented for there color weight and choice of cloths. These kids with potential where ruined because of ignorent teachers and principles and archdioces priests and nuns who played favortism to the rich or socially accepted. I know this happenning to my kid who want to do good in school and go to prep like I did. This very upseting because I witnessed the bs western catholic idealogy as a kid. Im coonsidering takeing my kid out of there and putting him in public school in papilion. There is no excuse for bulling when im paying for a grade school education. The only thing that saved me from my distaste for the western catholic church in omaha was creighton prep and jesuit education I got and the friends I made.

Posted August 8, 2011

St.Roberts is an excellent school everybody is very kind and welcoming if you want your children to go to a school where bullying is NOT a problem and the teachers are very involved this a school you would like.

Posted March 18, 2011

Amazing teachers--a dynamic faith community--the best you could hope for in Catholic education. There's a reason there is a 40 year plus tradition of excellence.

Posted January 24, 2011

My husband and I have found St. Robert's to be a wonderful place for our children to learn and grow spiritually. The leadership and the staff are very professional. I have had several children attend this school and each had fond memories of the years there.

Posted January 24, 2011

Our kids loved St. Robert's! My husband and I felt that they were all prepared for high school. The staff and administration were very professional. We have only fond memories of the years at St. Robert's.

Posted January 24, 2011

All of our children have attended or are currently attending St. Robert Bellarmine School. The four that graduated from SRB were extremely well prepared for high school academically, socially, and spiritually. Our children at the school now are receiving an excellent well-rounded education. St. Robert Bellarmine is more than a school, it is a community with its foundation as a parish that worships together, supports one another, and helps those in need. Our experience has been that parents and faculty work in cooperation with one another to best educate each child.

Posted May 13, 2010

Bullying? problem starts at home with parents who feel they need to defend their children. St. Roberts is and has always been strict with student conduct. Parents check your feelings at the car door when you drop your children off and pick them up from school. If you haven't already figured it out listen to parent 101, children know they can pull mom and dads strings with 'I'm getting picked on' really be a parent St. Roberts is an awesome school and Parish.......

Posted March 22, 2010

St. Robert's classes are too large which plays into the bullying problem. Teachers are not able to supervise well enough during recesses, lunch, etc. If your child is a good athelete they will probably be ok at St. Roberts. Administration does not seem willing to tackle the bullying issue on a consistent basis. Academics are good in some areas, Math program is below average.

Posted February 15, 2010

This is a fantastic school, the teachers are kind, warm and inviting. I read some of the reviews and people need to get a grip. If you think that there is an issue with bullying, then please send your child to another school and see what bullying really is. People need to understand that there will be issues at any school and parents also need to realize that often times their little kids are not the perfect kids they feel that they are. My kids have loved St. Roberts and my kids that are still there love it.

Posted April 5, 2009

Although there are some kind teachers who work there, leadership is lacking from the administration. We found that other Catholic schools and public schools offered more academically, especially in math instruction and foreign language. Class sizes are large and discipline is an issue. Many students are unhappy there.

Posted July 25, 2008

I am glad to see that others have not been happy at St. Roberts. I echo others' sentiments about the principal - she is the root of the problems my family has had. We pulled our two kids after several years at SRB. One of my kids is shy and needed a bit of help with social interractions, but was ignored even after requests for help from me. There is a major bullying problem at SRB, and it is modeled by the principal.

Posted July 23, 2008

We left this school after 2 years. It was a terrible experience that started with poor leadership from the principal. I am a very laid-back and understanding person, so for us to leave - it had to be pretty serious. The problems range from being cold and unfriendly to new families, to questionable policies regarding sex education and other important issues. If you are looking for a good Catholic education for your children in the city of Omaha, you can do much better.

Posted July 3, 2008

As a graduate of St. Robert's I am very happy to be able to send my kids there as well. The teachers have a great relationship with the students as well as one another. The principle is not very genuine and does not have a good relationship with the older students, I do hope she has moved on by the time my kids are in upper grades. The curriculum is very Christian based. The acedemics are challenging and demand parent involvement, which I like. The sports are top notch, as well as the other groups and clubs. Finally the youth group is excellent and keeps kids involved in the parish community even after they have moved on to high school.

Posted January 7, 2008

Very groupy, friendly, but not exactly welcoming to new students.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Omaha

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

11900 Pacific Street