Posted January 16, 2014
Mt Calvary is a fantastic little school! Our family loves it here. For one it is conveniently located in midtown. My son not only learns reading writing and math which he excells at here, he also learns and daily demonstrates what it is to be a good christian. He is also offered all of the things the public schools have to offer, music, art, sports etc. There is high parent involvement. There is really a sense of family here. The kids are extrmely well behaved. I'm very proud to be part of this little peice of "heaven on earth"

Posted January 14, 2014
Truly when we found Mt. Calvary School we found a "Golden Nugget" in midtown Omaha. It offers great Christian base educations! As for the academically part my child love's it. If at any time they are problems with understanding a subject or needs additional instructions the staff is more than willing to help truly with a smile and words of encouragement. Affordable educations with great life skill benefits!!!!

Posted October 27, 2013
Great Private School! Well worth the investment in your child. We love the small class size and the individual attention that our child receives. The negative comment that was posted on this site was posted shortly after two teachers contracts were not renewed (notice they are not a parent). The school was, is, and continues to be a great place for your child to learn about the love of God and be prepared academically for high school and beyond.

Mt Calvary Lutheran School 4

Posted October 04, 2013
We love the small classroom sizes,dedicated teachers and the strong curriculum. Three of our children graduated from Mt Calvary School and have excelled in their higher education.

Posted October 02, 2013
My family has been attending Mount Calvary Lutheran School for three generations and it is a wonderful school. Not only does it teach students appropriate academics, but it also teaches students how to lead a better life through faith. The teachers have always been wonderful, and caring. They always take the time to help a student no matter what the problem. Mount Calvary Lutheran School is an awesome school and very deserving of winning $5000.

Posted October 01, 2013
My mother and her two sisters went to Mt. Calvary as well as me and my sister. I have also sent my three sons to Mt. Calvary. I think the smaller classroom sizes and the availability of the one on one attention is a fantastic opportunity for the kids. I have two sons that have moved on to public schools and are well above where they should be. I have also seen an increase in field trips and outdoor education retreats that I feel really enhances the childrens learning experiences. Every time we visit the school or the church when the kids are singing, the kids are very well behaved and considerate. With the small school size, everybody knows each other. It's like a big family.

Posted September 28, 2013
Great small school with a wonderful Christian based education. The principal is an excellent teacher. My child went here k through 8th and started public high school 1 to 2 years more advanced than her peers. My other children who were struggling in ops are now doing excellent and even in honors thanks to the individual attention they received at Mt. Calvary. The teachers are all professional and caring. The school has very good communication with parents and an active PTL that keeps parents in tune happenings at the school. The church members and pastor are very supportive and provide every student with tuition assistance. It is a family atmosphere and very welcoming to people of diverse backgrounds. There are sports opportunities and every child is involved in the school play. The students graduate with a great education and confidence in themselves and in their faith.

Posted February 05, 2013
My daughter has received an excellent education in the few years she has attended Mt Calvary. I searched many Lutheran Schools in the area and this one was by far the best choice. The school and church staff are extremely knowledgeable and caring. The smaller class sizes really help the children get more one on one attention than they would in a public school. This is an awesome choice if you are looking for a quality education for your child.

Mt Calvary Lutheran School 1

Posted July 06, 2012
While this school once had a long history of excellence, recent problems with violent, disrespectful children have reduced the quality of the experience. Poor school leadership from an unprofessional school board has caused serious problems, to the extent of wholesale firing of teachers, proving further that the school is headed in the wrong direction. It would be best to look around for other educational opportunities for your children.

Posted February 15, 2011
Mount Calvary has been an excellent place for my children. My first son is doing great in High School. His faith in Christ still shines out as an example for the other students at the public high school. My youngest son is continuing to grow and learn at Mount Calvary. He enjoys the caring and supportive environment of the staff and fellow students. I highly recommend Mount Calvary Lutheran School.

Mt Calvary Lutheran School
5529 Leavenworth Street, Omaha, NE  68106
Last modified Mt Calvary Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Mt Calvary Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top