PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My family loves St Wenceslaus and the dedicated teachers, principal, staff and priests. Some of the negative reviews elude to the strict structure. While it may be stricter than the public school down the street, just come for a visit and you'll pick up on the sense of love and caring for the kids... as they walk orderly and quietly on the right side of the hallway. I'd suggest adherence to rules, well thought out processes and structure are something to look for in choosing a great school.

St. Wenceslaus Catholic School is AMAZING! We have had children at this school for 13years now and I cannot say enough! The Principal is one of the most outstanding individuals you could ever meet! He works tirelessly to ensure your child has the best education possible. His rules and guidelines keep everything in order and sets up children to be successful students and adults. With his leadership my children have already gone so far!!! Every little detail is thought out and put in place with great care! LOVE IT!!! The teachers and staff are incredible! I have both gifted children and a couple that struggle. The accommodations for all have been fantastic. This has just been an amazing journey and I wish that all could be so fortunate as to be blessed with such great leaders in their lives!

This school leaves allot to be desired needless to say. The management of the school and church is probably best served if it were located upon a military base. We as well as others have moved, or need to move our children out of this suppressed climate. Unfortunately I believe parents will need to do this early before the West Omaha Deanery/Club get "wind" of there intentions. Once this happens you will become "black balled" and the chances of enrolling your child in any elementary catholic school west of 72nd street will become minimal at best.

We enrolled our son here in October as a kindergartner after experiencing much difficulty with the local public school. We could not be happier. He is thriving and LOVES going to school all day. Have had interaction with teachers, staff, administrators, and other students. All have been delightful and I am so pleased with how much my son has learned!!

I cannot say enough good things about this school. Our three children attend St Wencslaus and absolutely love it! The school is well run, the students are challenged and taught to grow as faith-filled people. There is always something exciting going on- like the Omaha symphony performing, a school-wide service project, etc. I would highly recommend this wonderful community to anyone who is looking for a happy place where their child will be challenged and academically prepared for high school. Our family couldn't be happier!

I would rather go to any other private school. Pick a different school it will probably continue getting worse.

I have had my kids here for 11 years. The school has changed drastically in the past three years, since we got our new principal. At first I would stick up for him, but things have just gone down hill fast. They have become increasingly hard on boys. The check system is ridiculous. You get checks for late homework, not having a pencil with you, walking on the wrong side of the hallway, etc. Most things are very petty. The list goes on and on. After your first check, each subsequent check results in an after-school jug. They also get about five minutes to talk at lunch. The rest is quiet time. They are not allowed to sit next to their friends. Teachers'/TAs' kids and their friends/neighbors get special treatment.. We are seriously considering pulling our last child out and moving him to a different school. He is terribly unhappy, and now thinks he is a horrible child, but he gets points. He cries and is just plain miserable. They are ruining my child. It has gone from a faith-based, incredible education to a dread every morning. It really is a pitty. We have also lost many, many teachers.

Awsome school to go to the absolute best It rocks!

Last modified St Wenceslaus School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8