Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School 2

Posted August 20, 2012
I would never recommend this school or have my children go there! I am a former student with that being said teacher lacked degrees and proper teaching technique. The only reason I gave it 2 stars was the only person worth having as a teacher was Grandma Z who no longer works there she was the best! If you do not or the parents do not volunteer the child are not treated as well. If you do volunteer it will get you and your children a get out of jail card. There are no extra programs just the basic. As for being spiritual it almost seems mixed up in the beginning it was very God based now it seems more Messianic based which is not bad but odd if you went there from the start. If you think your child needs a Christian education do it at home that is where they will see it the most, there they will get a warped view of it.

Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School 2

Posted August 14, 2012
I went to this school for 9 years and graduated, the positives were the good friends I made and that some of me and my teachers have remained in contact. The negatives are some of the double standards staff have had and continue to have, I also don't feel the academics are up to par. I never had high school chemistry and trying to go back to school and learn I feel I am at a disadvantage due to improper offering of classes. Also since the teachers are all volunteers they don't have teaching degrees and sometimes fall short of conveying the information that the children need to suceed in the their futures. If you want a school where kids will meet possible life friends and an emphasis on Christianity then this school is great but if you are looking for academic standards and want your children to attend a higher institution of learning I would recommend a different school.

Posted August 07, 2012
Sword Of Te Spirit is the most Spirirt filled, Biblically solid educationally excellent , loving environment I have ever experienced! Having served in two other Christian schools & now as a Grandparent I am thrilled that my Grandchildren are blessed to be in the best school this side of eternity. Praise God!

Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School 3

Posted March 05, 2012
I would not recommend this school to anyone. As a former student, I felt that I was not prepared for the real world. Academics were set high which does deserve a five star rating however thier teachings about losing your salvation was quite discouraging.

Posted July 26, 2010
Sword of the Spirit is an excellent school for a number of reasons. As a former student that attended the school from K-12, I am a firm believer in their teaching, their staff, their curriculum, and their impact on students that come and go through the school. I was always in trouble at school because I was high energy and easily distracted. They didn't diagnose me with ADD. Instead, they made me exercise self-control and discipline. Were they strict? Yes. Did they discipline me? Yes. I personally spent many days in the principal and school office, but I learned from those experiences. I am now a college graduate with a degree in Business Management and a minor in International Business. I have been to Europe, South America, and the Caribbean for studies, missions, and vacation. I am a business consultant working for the largest privately owned bank in the United States. The virtues of responsibility, work ethic, morals, and honesty that are responsible for my success at the age of 24 can be easily attributed to my life experiences at Sword of the Spirit. I would say that I m a self-made man that never could have done it on my own.

Posted April 07, 2010

Posted February 12, 2010
I graduated from SOS and all I regret is not having gone there since pre- K. Taking me to this school was the best choice my mom ever made for me. Every teacher gives their best without expecting anything back. And yes, there were no sports or much of an extra curricular 'fun', but I had fun in many other ways. I was given the chance to experience leadership and the unconditional love and dedication from every single teacher there. I thank God that my brother attends to this school. He is not missing out on anything by not going to public schools.

Posted January 19, 2008
Sword of the Spirit has challenged me to seek God every day. I came to S.O.S. my senior year, and the work was very tough. My one year at Sword of the Spirit encouraged me to go to college. I received a scholarship for my current college year, and I know that it was thanks to S.O.S. To other parents or possible students, if you want to succeed with academics, think about enrolling (or enrolling your children) at Sword of the Spirit. The hard work paid off, for college, so far, is a breeze.

Posted January 16, 2008
I am a former Student at Sword of the Spirit. many people don't realize the importance of this school. When i first came to Sword of the Spirit i was not a Christian. i said i was but it was mostly talk. The teachers here helped me dramaticallly. They trained me in the way a Godly student should be. Now i am a proud believer in Jesus Christ, and can testify and say that i am and will continue living each and every day for him. If it wasnt for Sword of the Spirt, i don't know where I would Be. I don't care if we dont have computers, or basketball teams. The one thing i care about is God, and there are no Schools out there that will let you read and pray every day like this SChool. Thank you all! You have touched me soo deep.

Posted January 16, 2008
As a lifelong student of SOS, i can tell you first hand that it is an incredible school. We may not have the athletics or the extra-curriculars that most other schools do, but it really does prepare you for the real world by providing not only the necessary academics, but also the information and the tools needed to further your relationship with God, which is really the only thing truly necessary in the world. The only reason that I can think of that would cause former students to feel negatively toward the school would be that they simply didn't utilize the time or opportunities given to them through the school, and inflicted the consequences upon themselves. I know that the school is greatly preparing me for the world and I also personally know many graduates who wisely used their time at the school and have gone on to be very successful.

Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School
Po Box 45428, Omaha, NE  68145
Last modified Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-11
Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top