Omaha, NE

Posted April 15, 2015
I don't think I would feel so much love at any other school. I went to Sword of the Spirit from kindergarten through 3rd grade. I attended public school from 4th to 6th grade, returning to SOS were I am currently a sophmore. I will continue on at SOS until I graduate. I couldn't imagine myself in a public high school, possibly being bullied, being involved with the wrong crowd, and learning to live my life by the worlds standards. In my years at SOS I have experienced the love and care of the teachers, something I wouldn't be able to find at any other school. Being a student at Sword of the Spirit is more like being part of a family rather than part of a school. My school has proved to me the love of Christ. Ms. Sue has became a big part of my life and a big example of what a Christian should live like. Yes, we make mistakes, we're not a whole bunch of righteous students but this is where Ms. Sue and teachers come in to give us guidance. Without a school like SOS to teach me to stand apart from the rest of the world, academically and spiritually I don't know where I would be. -Susana Rodriguez

Posted April 15, 2015
I don't think I have as been as loved in any other school as I have in Sword of the Spirit. I have gone to this school from kindergarten through 3rd grade and then 6th grade to sophmore year and still going, until I graduate. I have experienced the love and care of every teacher I have had and have. I love SOS and every teacher here, they have showed the true love of Christ. Susana.

Posted March 07, 2015
My Grandson is going to this school and I feel he is not learning the basics..he is behind on his reading skills and they don't have any extra programs to help him out. I like the fact that he is getting the religion but I feel he could use more help with learning. I'm afraid that if was transferred to a regular public school he would be way behind the other students.

Posted February 26, 2015
I started attending when I was about 5 and have been attending for 14 years. To say to stand in this place is to stand in holy ground. Evermore I am more inspired to walk in faith and in love when I enter the building. My life has been exponentially blessed by the staff. They are true living sacrifices and a great blessing. I am so grateful to have basically grown up in such an environment and I cannot imagine what my life would be without it. My experience has been absolutely incredible and quite an amazing adventure to say the least. There is abundant love in Sword of the Spirit and it is a haven to seek refuge in. To conclude: "Where love is, God is." -Leo Tolstoy Josh Aragon Senior
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 20, 2012
I would never recommend this school or have my children go there! I am a former student with that being said teacher lacked degrees and proper teaching technique. The only reason I gave it 2 stars was the only person worth having as a teacher was Grandma Z who no longer works there she was the best! If you do not or the parents do not volunteer the child are not treated as well. If you do volunteer it will get you and your children a get out of jail card. There are no extra programs just the basic. As for being spiritual it almost seems mixed up in the beginning it was very God based now it seems more Messianic based which is not bad but odd if you went there from the start. If you think your child needs a Christian education do it at home that is where they will see it the most, there they will get a warped view of it.

Posted August 14, 2012
I went to this school for 9 years and graduated, the positives were the good friends I made and that some of me and my teachers have remained in contact. The negatives are some of the double standards staff have had and continue to have, I also don't feel the academics are up to par. I never had high school chemistry and trying to go back to school and learn I feel I am at a disadvantage due to improper offering of classes. Also since the teachers are all volunteers they don't have teaching degrees and sometimes fall short of conveying the information that the children need to suceed in the their futures. If you want a school where kids will meet possible life friends and an emphasis on Christianity then this school is great but if you are looking for academic standards and want your children to attend a higher institution of learning I would recommend a different school.

Posted August 07, 2012
Sword Of Te Spirit is the most Spirirt filled, Biblically solid educationally excellent , loving environment I have ever experienced! Having served in two other Christian schools & now as a Grandparent I am thrilled that my Grandchildren are blessed to be in the best school this side of eternity. Praise God!
4 people found this helpful

Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School 3

Posted March 05, 2012
I would not recommend this school to anyone. As a former student, I felt that I was not prepared for the real world. Academics were set high which does deserve a five star rating however thier teachings about losing your salvation was quite discouraging.

Posted July 26, 2010
Sword of the Spirit is an excellent school for a number of reasons. As a former student that attended the school from K-12, I am a firm believer in their teaching, their staff, their curriculum, and their impact on students that come and go through the school. I was always in trouble at school because I was high energy and easily distracted. They didn't diagnose me with ADD. Instead, they made me exercise self-control and discipline. Were they strict? Yes. Did they discipline me? Yes. I personally spent many days in the principal and school office, but I learned from those experiences. I am now a college graduate with a degree in Business Management and a minor in International Business. I have been to Europe, South America, and the Caribbean for studies, missions, and vacation. I am a business consultant working for the largest privately owned bank in the United States. The virtues of responsibility, work ethic, morals, and honesty that are responsible for my success at the age of 24 can be easily attributed to my life experiences at Sword of the Spirit. I would say that I m a self-made man that never could have done it on my own.
5 people found this helpful

Posted April 07, 2010

Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School
Po Box 45428, Omaha, NE  68145
Last modified Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-11
Sword Of The Spirit Elementary-High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top