Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School 4

Posted January 16, 2013
I really like this schools journalisum program and didgtital editing programs. I feel if you go to this school you don't want to be a falling back in education you have to be updated and know what your doing or you WILL NOT know what's going oI recomend this school to anyone who is will for an adventure

Posted July 21, 2012
I went to Buffett 5-8 grade the teachers at Buffett are short temperd and they expect the kids to know things right away! in 7-8 grade the teachers always gave test every week on what they learned the week before. The kids always get away with bullying. The teachers also give the richer kids more attention and more chances to redo things than the kids with less money. Also the teachers leave the student alone by themselvs to talk to their teacher friends. The administration is way to easy to get by except two administrators who were tough and understanding. Other wise you could get away with anything. Also the food comes out really sloppy and they serve leftovers until gone. Lsstly kids table hop everywhere! I honestly would not want anyones child to really go there.

Posted May 09, 2012
This scholl was ok. I went there 5-7 grade but the staff there shows no respect to the kids. When parents are present they often are but on a normal school day, they dont care and are verying disrespectful and rude. And at this school they teachers tend to have short tempers with the less smart students, ignore the average students, are nice to the advanced students, and let the trouble makers sly. so it is not recomended by me. I would also agree that it is super easy to get away with doing NOTHING in a class and still getting an "A".

Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School 2

Posted May 08, 2012
On the surface, Buffett appears to be an excellent school with state-of-the art classrooms, a beautiful library and impressive technology labs. However, looks can be deceiving. Teachers can be hit or miss at Buffett. Some teachers are overwhelmed, lazy or both. The biggest problem at Buffett is the size of the school it is HUGE and kids, especially well-behaved students, can easily get lost in the shuffle. The parent-teacher conferences are student-led and a waste of time. Teachers rarely have any useful input because they have so many students . Finally as another reviewer said, almost every child gets on the honor roll which is NOT an honor at all. The curriculum and expectations are watered down at this school. As a result, the education is average at best.

Posted October 31, 2011
I have a son who completed 5-8 at Buffett. He struggled through the divorce of his mother and I while in grade school and had the opportunity to find his niche at Buffett. The encouragement he found in the teachers there compelled him to work hard and discover his talents from science fairs and plays to track and field. They listened to him and took a young kid s ideas serious. Now a sophomore at Millard West he is obtaining UNO credit in AP classes and at 15yo making international bank to bank wire transfers to Hong Kong as part of the business he started that was generated and fueled from the encouragement by Dr. Kerberg and her staff. His appreciation for their support has led to his desire to give back to Buffett by way of an 8th grade scholarship for those who show entrepreneurial spirit. It provided an environment beyond anything I had imagined for my boys from a public school.

Posted January 06, 2011
I made a mistake in my other reply/post. I meant to say on the first sentence: "Most of you havent talked to your childs teacher then" And a little way down, I said " I am not at current grade level." What I had meant to say was, " I am *NOW* at current grade level" I am human, accidental mistake.. we all make em'

Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School 2

Posted October 15, 2010
I think kids at Buffett easily get lost in the crowd. I am not impressed with many of the teachers and feel they are not teaching up to expectations as compared to other schools. I was disappointed to learn at Buffett that almost everyone makes the Honor Roll, which really makes it "not" an honor. Dr. Kehrberg prides herself on the school building beautification and school takes pride in students who are exceptional on their own, but do not encourage children with potential to be greater!

Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School 4

Posted April 20, 2010
I love the dedicated staff at this school! Dr. Kehrberg & Mrs. Holland along with their staff, do a great job of keeping the students moving toward excellence in all their pursuits of academics as well as extra curricular! I had two students attend & hopefully I will be able to send another child there in the future!

Posted January 14, 2010

Posted November 19, 2009

Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School
14101 Larimore Ave, Omaha, NE  68164
Last modified Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alice Buffett Magnet Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top