Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

It depends on the class on whether too much homework is being given unfortunately but overall, it's not enough.

I love that there is great activities like homecoming/prom/ swing night and how there is great music and drama and art programs but, unfortunately, the sports are stressed too strongly. Our sports barely have any national championship compared to the amount of talent that we really have and the money is frankly being wasted. Also, the students in the school typically are more popular when they have more money at home. However good your home is or your parents income is determines your social status and that's just cruel... The guidance counselors and staff are obviously being paid to care about your problems but, they show that too much and I don't think they could care less to be there. Many of the teachers need to be checked up on more because a few are too strict so that if you yawn, you'll get a detention (yes, that has happened before... To me even) and other teachers don't even know how to teach!! I get great grades and I nearly failed one class (along with most of the rest of the class) because the teacher read the lesson off a paper and didn't know how to answer any question. While I know there is such great potential in Millard West, I feel a lot of our greatness (and money) is going to waste.

I rented a house in the Millard West School district so my kids could attend the highest ranking school in Omaha. I am happy with my decision. Academics: Millard has academies such as the education academy, culinary academy, and the entrepreneurship academy. These academies count as college credit. In addition, there are a variety of AP classes that count towards college. There is also a variety of standard classes from art to theater to foreign language. Building: The campus is quite nice: newer building, swimming pool, tennis courts, gymnasiums, science labs, art gallery, etc. All are maintained. On the negative side there is a lot of parking but never enough. Security: Millard West feels safe and secure. A security guard desk manned by two or three people is just inside the front doors. Also, a police car is parked at the main entrance at times and a car patrols the parking lot. Communication: The school keeps parents informed through an internet site, emails, newsletters, and recorded phone calls. If you are looking for a school with high academics, this is the place for you. The greatest negative is the lack of diversity.

I am a grandmother of a Millard West student that graduated on Sunday. I just have one question: Where was the American Flag at the graduation service? You honored the Vets- but NO flag was in sight. WHY?

Go West! Go Drwal! Best school ever. Fun school and great academics. I'm so happy that i'm at this wonderful school.

i love millard west. This school has great academics overall. Good athletics too. I'm proud to be a wildcat!

Millard West is an outstanding school. I disagree with other posts about the whole names and athletics business. My daughter and I moved from out of state her freshman year, and she got into the girl's basketball program right away without knowing any of the coaches or staff. She worked hard and got the position on JV when most sophomores and juniors just make reserve. As far as money goes, the students at West are very affluent. I don't necessarily think that the kids are too concerned with money, but it does play a minor part on your social status, which is very unfortunat.

We think very highly of Millard West and the positive education our kids received there. They were encouraged and challenged with advanced courses and AP classes that gave them college credit. (I would skip the dual enrollment with UNO, and concentrate on the AP classes). Millard West has indeed won many championships the past several years: football, swimming, volleyball, track, to name a few. My kids were not the greatest athletes but they found many ways to be involved in a school of over 2,000.

You can forget about athletics in this school unless you are connected. Hard work and ability come second after who you know in the coaches eyes. Just look at the state championships won. Not many and not in every sport. You will go far if you have parents that are IN with the coaches. The administration has lost all credibility in dealing with the coaches.

I love Millard West. I have attended multiple high schools and this was my favorite. The teachers truly care about the students and have a passion for teaching. I was challenged to do better in my honors classes as well as my regular classes. MWHS has a great atmosphere. There are very few fights and the teachers and staff create a safe environment. This school has great athletics and fine arts. I feel that they try to recognize everyone at the school. Millard West has nice and up to date technology that many school in the area lack. The only thing that MWHS lacks is diversity, which can't be helped because of its location. I have truly enjoyed my time at Millard West.

Last modified Millard West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.