Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

My son has a diagnosed disability that the school refuses to acknowledge. Schools in 3 other states acknowledged his disability, but this school thinks his non medically trained teachers know more than his doctor.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

I have talked to the principal so many times and nothing has happened. He is really concerned about doing everything required of him to give an impression, but I don't think he realizes he is one of the problems.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

We have had so many racial issues at this school and the school administration does absolutely nothing about it.

My son is a minority at this school and I wiil be pulling him out of this school. I will not let his younger brother attend this school. The school has a racist culture, students and administration. My son is called or hears the the "N" word atleast 3 times a week. I have talked to the principal many times, but they do nothing about it. My son gets punished to the max for everything he does while the non minorities get warnings and understanding. He has been suspended several times and even expelled for things other schools We fought the expulsion and it was deemed too harsh and he was allowed to return to school. My son has a diagnosed disability that the school refuses to acknowledge because their non medically trained teachers think he is a great student. We have lived in 3 other states besides Nebraska and have never had such a horrible experience with a school. If your child is a minority, a different school woould be in their best interest. I'm seriously considering legal action. That is how bad it is.

Amount of homework: no rating

It depends on the class on whether too much homework is being given unfortunately but overall, it's not enough.

I love that there is great activities like homecoming/prom/ swing night and how there is great music and drama and art programs but, unfortunately, the sports are stressed too strongly. Our sports barely have any national championship compared to the amount of talent that we really have and the money is frankly being wasted. Also, the students in the school typically are more popular when they have more money at home. However good your home is or your parents income is determines your social status and that's just cruel... The guidance counselors and staff are obviously being paid to care about your problems but, they show that too much and I don't think they could care less to be there. Many of the teachers need to be checked up on more because a few are too strict so that if you yawn, you'll get a detention (yes, that has happened before... To me even) and other teachers don't even know how to teach!! I get great grades and I nearly failed one class (along with most of the rest of the class) because the teacher read the lesson off a paper and didn't know how to answer any question. While I know there is such great potential in Millard West, I feel a lot of our greatness (and money) is going to waste.

I rented a house in the Millard West School district so my kids could attend the highest ranking school in Omaha. I am happy with my decision. Academics: Millard has academies such as the education academy, culinary academy, and the entrepreneurship academy. These academies count as college credit. In addition, there are a variety of AP classes that count towards college. There is also a variety of standard classes from art to theater to foreign language. Building: The campus is quite nice: newer building, swimming pool, tennis courts, gymnasiums, science labs, art gallery, etc. All are maintained. On the negative side there is a lot of parking but never enough. Security: Millard West feels safe and secure. A security guard desk manned by two or three people is just inside the front doors. Also, a police car is parked at the main entrance at times and a car patrols the parking lot. Communication: The school keeps parents informed through an internet site, emails, newsletters, and recorded phone calls. If you are looking for a school with high academics, this is the place for you. The greatest negative is the lack of diversity.

I am a grandmother of a Millard West student that graduated on Sunday. I just have one question: Where was the American Flag at the graduation service? You honored the Vets- but NO flag was in sight. WHY?

Go West! Go Drwal! Best school ever. Fun school and great academics. I'm so happy that i'm at this wonderful school.

i love millard west. This school has great academics overall. Good athletics too. I'm proud to be a wildcat!

Last modified Millard West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.