Millard South High School

Public | 9-12

Posted September 23, 2013

A pretty ok school but not the best in the the state and a bad basketball team and football team this year

Posted February 17, 2013

I graduated from Millard South in 2011. I can confidently say that attending MSHS was one of the best choices I have made. I had the option of choosing Creighton Prep, Mount Michael, or Millard South, to be honest I was apprehensive at first to the idea of attending a public high school. However most of my friends where going to attend Millard South, so I decided to give it a try. At first It was not ideal, it took a while to get used to the layout of the school. After the first semester, everything turned for the good. The teachers are FANTASTIC, the administrative staff is AMAZING, and the extracurricular activities are the best part. Just like every school, there are students who do not involve themselves. They treat school like prison, make bad choices, and blame everyone else. The academics challenging enough for every student (From low-level to AP scholars). Teachers are willing to spend 1 on 1 time with each student in need. Advise to students: get involved, meet everyone, take nothing for granted, treat everyone with respect. I would not be as successful as I am today without the preparation that Millard South passed on to me. Thank you!

Posted October 22, 2011

This school was fantastic. I graduated from here two years ago, college has been very easy. Millard South prepared me very well. The teachers and staff here truely care about each individual student. There is a place for everyone to belong at Millard South, it's a truely embracing and caring school.

Posted September 4, 2010

this school is terrible in all ways. there is no good things about this school at all the football team is also terrible in all ways

Posted January 18, 2010

I graduated from Millard South this past spring. I loved being a student there. I feel that the curriculum prepared me for college. The teachers are great educators. The 4 years I spent there we fantastic.

Posted December 15, 2009

Great School. Top 10 in the State. Great Sports, and Accidemics.

Posted August 12, 2009

i am a junior at this school, i was supposed to go to millard west but i switched because of the mini-magnet program. this school is amazing, the choir and drama departments are also great!!

Posted August 2, 2009

im in 12 th grade and i love this school it helps you out a lote and they really helped me when i came back from haven my baby

Posted March 24, 2009

I honestly do not like this school. I am a freshmen, and the school is not really clean. The teachers teach way to fast and have a test over things within 3 days of learning it. The priniples and teachers judge students to much. and accuse us of things we never did.

Posted February 26, 2009

I am now a freshman and I love it. The choir and drama departments are awesome!!!

Posted December 9, 2008

I am a parent of special education students with learning disabilities that attended Millard South most of their high school years. Unfortunately, Millard did not prepare my children for college. Millard actually discouraged my children from attending college or taking the ACT.

Posted November 16, 2008

I'm currently a Jr. here at Millard South. I must say that I love this school and I'm proud to go here.

Posted October 30, 2008

Millard South High School has provided opportunities beyond the level I though I could reach. I have explored new horizons while attending the school. I enjoy attending many events and supporting the Patriots. Overall, we have quite a bit of school spirit. I will truly be sad when I receive my diploma on graduation. For those of you who are not impressed with our school, just get involved. It really is the one thing that has made my high schools memories ones that I will cherish forever. GO PATRIOTS GO! FIGHT PATRIOTS FIGHT! WIN PATRIOTS WIN!

Posted September 13, 2008

I'm a freshman here at Millard South High School and I love it here! Everyone is nice and the teachers are great. The security gards are not out to get students. They are there for the staff and student body's protection. It's a really clean school too.

Posted September 11, 2008

People, I love this school, sure there's some teachers you won't like, but what school really has a teacher everyone likes? the security guards, seriously, not bad at all they are very easy to get along with. The principles are very understanding. I always feel safe and welcome at school, it's a great place to meet great people.

Posted September 5, 2008

THe principal and teachers are hard to get along with... most of the time they won't even return your phone calls or emails! The security staff are out to get kids. Honestly my kids were miserable while they attended this school!

Posted May 19, 2008

Millard South has provided a great positive learning experience. The School has many computers and their mini-magnet program has helped me develope various computers skills.

Posted December 4, 2005

Very high caliber of academics. School has many honor programs and is considered part of a schoo; system (Millard School District)that is one best in the country.

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 58% in 2013.

514 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Reading

The state average for Reading was 67% in 2013.

514 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2011

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

513 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 69% in 2013.

508 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Nebraska used the Nebraska State Accountability (NeSA) assessments to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in reading and math; in grades 4, 8 and 11 in writing; and in grades 5, 8 and 11 in science. The NeSA assessments are standards-based tests, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nebraska. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Nebraska Department of Education

White, not Hispanic79%
Students eligible for free and reduced lunch72%
Special education students47%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups were identified by the Nebraska Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

Source: Nebraska Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 27%N/A44%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

14905 Q St