Omaha, NE

Posted December 05, 2014
Both of my children go to this school and both needed help with reading and writing. Harvey oaks has a reading and writing literacy program that has helped them both immensely! So much so one of ours kids have "graduated" from the program. Our eldest was in a small town school for most of kindergarten and when we moved to omaha, finishing out his kindergarten year at harvey oaks, they immediately took him into the program. All the teachers we've encountered since then have been amazing. They care not only about education but safety of all the children. I went to kiewit and millard north for middle and high school and was impressed with both schools and harvey oaks just continues to show me how amazing millard schools are.

Harvey Oaks Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
I love Harvey Oaks Elementary simply because they have the most wonderful teachers and facility that run this school. It is a public school that feels more like a private school. The teachers that I have been in contact with should be role models and mentors to every teacher in the Omaha area. They inspire their students to excel not only in academics but in life skills as well. Our principal Roberta Deremer is an amazing leader. She knows almost every family in her school. She greets them by name not only the kids but their parents and brothers and sisters. She is open and honest in her communication and ALWAYS opens her door for any parent. With the current economic times she has had to make some decisions but parents are informed and even brought into the planning stages. She instituted a parent committe to help with brainstorming on how we can meet budget and ensure success. I am blessed to have my child go to this school. I can think of nothing better than Harvey Oaks receiving these funds.

Posted September 15, 2009
My son attended the Catholic school nearby and always came home with terrible headaches and was starting to really not like school. We decided to switch and checked Harvey Oaks and a couple other schools. What a completely welcoming atmosphere. When we showed up (unannounced mind you), after school one day, the principal met us at the door and we explained our situation. She personally took my child on a tour of the school right then. He was in second grade and would start the following year as well as my daughter an incoming kindergartener. As you can imagine, he was totally freaked about switching schools. The principal's caring manner though and the awesome teachers made it so much easier to decide to switch and start there. To this day, I have nothing but great things to say. A+ school, principal, teachers and staff.

Posted April 11, 2008

Posted January 20, 2008
Harvey Oaks Elementary is the best school. We have had a great exsperience with all of the teachers and staff at this school. My daughter has been here since Kindergarten and she is now in 2nd grade. We love this school. We wouldn't choose any other school for our children. This school does not do any fundraisers wear your children have to sell things to people. They have a school carnival to raise the money they need instead. I really love this about the school too. I hated school fundraisers. This school's parents are wonderful. We have a lot of parents that volunteer for anything that they can.

Posted September 13, 2006
We moved back to Omaha in November of 2005 and started looking for an elementary school for my boyfriends daughter. We went to over 6 elementary schools in the Millard district and we where not happy with any of them and then one day someone told us to check out Harvey Oaks and when we did we immediately fell in love with this school. The teachers and principle are absolutely the best I have ever seen. Our daughter is in so many activities that I would have never even thought an elementary school would offer. This school does not do fundraising which is awesome because they have other things you can donate to like the year book, school carnival, buzz book (parent information), and etc. The teachers and principle always knows who you and your children are and it is a great since of community. I would recommend this school over any others!

Harvey Oaks Elementary School
15228 Shirley St, Omaha, NE  68144
Last modified Harvey Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harvey Oaks Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top