Bad
Good

My daughter attends Abbott and I have nothing but praise for the staff of Grace Abbott. There are many excellent opportunities for students to be involved in activities - from choir, book club, spanish club, to stock market club. SWAMP time is a great community building activity that focuses on good traits to build strong citizens. Dr. Chaussee has great communication with parents and does what is fair and best for the students. He works hard to know the children and I see him working in the lunch room at recess when I have volunteered. I don't believe it's very common for other administrators to do these jobs. There is a new volunteer program just for dads called Watch dogs that my husband enjoyed doing and my daughter loved having dad in school for a change. The teachers are interested in and care about my child. I appreciate how they send great emails to help remind us of the activities going on in school. I'm so thrilled about the choosing Grace Abbott for my child's education.

Bullying was and is a huge problem at Grace Abbott. Nothing is done by the teachers and they are not interested in addressing the problem.

This is a wonderful school, with an excellent balance in fostering not only your child's academic development, but also their personal character. The principal is very personable, involved, has a good sense of humor, and also has a great knack for dealing with kids when they are having behavior problems. He's also very efficient at keeping a focus on doing what can be done to improve learning, and is open-minded. The teachers are really great, and work hard to help their students achieve as much as they can. We also love that the environment of Abbott is warm, friendly, and fosters character-building, which many schools ignore these days. We're so glad to be at a school that is wonderful, without feeling too intense or stressful for the kids. We also love Swamp Time, where kids of different grade levels meet together. It creates an environment where older kids are kind to younger ones, and students feel a stronger sense of connectedness. Abbott truly is a rarity of a school!

We had a couple kids go to Grace Abbott. One went through every grade and one other went K-2. We had a GREAT experience with the school. As with all schools our kids had a better connection with some teachers over others but that is to be expected. The office staff was great! If you live in the district you will be happy with the results. Great families, great kids, great location. Glad to have been part of Grace Abbott before we moved. We now live in Florida and realize that Millard schools aren't everywhere and you have to dig a bit to get the same quality down here.

Grace Abott have shown to me and my child that the school cares about my childs education. My daughters teacher takes the time an deffort to ensure that the child follows a set of rules and decorum that is important in today's society but also imparts a sense of pride and knowledge to the kids. The principal is very dedicated to the progress and success of the school and the childdren. However like most public schools, the emphasis and attention should be focused more on the high progesssion level of the math and science programs to allow the children to be competitive in a more global economy. This in my view is equally important and the school may be struggling in that dillemma. I still give the school 2 thumbs out. Hopefully they do not rest on the present laurels.

Last modified Grace Abbott Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.