Carriage Hill Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 436 students

Posted October 2, 2014

Congratulations Carriage Hill on your NATIONAL "Blue Ribbon" Honor. I know you are the best of the best. There is not a more caring, loving, kind and dedicated staff in the nation!! The teachers, principals & paras are the BEST OF THE BEST!!

Posted July 27, 2012

Excellent School. Our experience has been truly outstanding. The teachers go above and beyond to help kids succeed. I cannot say enough about the principal, staff, para's, everyone truly is top-notch! So fortunate to have found this school - we opted in to this school as our address is outside of the district. My son is going into 5th grade and daughter going into 2nd, they each started at Carriage Hill and we are proud to be Cougars! Thanks Carriage Hill!

Posted March 6, 2012

Never had any problems with this school. The staff has always been so friendly and helpful. Great school in our opinion and our kids love it too! Keep up the great work Carriage Hill!!! :)

Posted October 25, 2011

I use to work here and hated it so bad. The teachers here are o darn picky, the head start teacher i use to work for was ok but picky. I will not suggest anyone o wok here as a para run and find another school...

Posted October 6, 2011

Our three daughters all attended Carriage Hill and had great experiences with the teachers. Communication from the school has improved over the past 12 years. Administration leadership is better now with Principal Kelsey at the helm. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a response to my email on a Sunday evening. She's made a remarkable difference at Carriage Hill. Thanks, Jeff L

Posted August 15, 2011

We have been at this school since my son was in 1st grade. He is starting 6th grade, and my daughters are starting 4th and 2nd grades. We have loved every teacher we have had. I have been able to email or make a phone call with any issue and it has been resolved. The paras are great, the 'specials' teachers make it fun and my kids love going to each of them. The PTO is amazing and does a lot of good for the school. The principal is starting her 2nd year here, but I was really impressed with her last year... Excellent school, we are very impressed.

Posted April 21, 2011

I moved to Nebraska and enrolled my children in this school on a recommendation from a friend. It was a HUGE mistake. The first year was rough but I stuck it out for a second. The special education department is a joke. There is no communication whatsoever. If you don't agree with the teachers, they simply dismiss you. The person in charge of my child's special education was so unbelievably inexperienced. She had no clue whatsoever on how to deal with an Asperger's kid and did not want any advice from me. There is a huge lack of diversity for a school so close to Omaha. I moved my kids to Ralston Public Schools and the improvement in their behavior and academics was unbelievable. Their new teachers couldn't believe the reports coming from Carriage Hill were about the same kids. If you have kids with special needs, AVOID this school. If you have kids with typical needs, you've also been warned. Many of the teachers I dealt with were out of touch prudes who had no clue what to do with a kid who was not a "perfect angel" (at least when the adults were around). This school is great if you are a parent who treats school like free daycare and wants to let the teachers call the shots.

Posted December 18, 2010

Awesome school!! I go to this school, excellent. Well we just got a new princible her name is Mrs.Tapp she's a super princible!

Posted March 6, 2010

my child goes here and in no way am i impressed by it. the teachers in no way show any real concern for the children.There seems to be far more concern about how the assessment scores look, rather than the long-term effects they re having on the children.

Posted October 4, 2008

I am extremely proud of the students, families, and staff at Carriage Hill Elementary. The teachers are highly qualified and dedicated to meeting the needs of individual children. The support staff help students in the classroom in a kind and caring manner. The PTO and tamilies are very involved in the school. We all work together to make this a great place for kids.

Posted September 19, 2008

As a parent of Carriage Hill, I would lijke to say how much I have appreciated the hardwork of both my children's teachers. They are supportive, caring, and so willing to help my children succeed! I also love the support staff and principal as well. I would recommend this school to anyone!

Posted September 18, 2008

I attended Carriage Hill as a child and am glad that my kids are able to attend. The school has a wonderful learning environment with a great group of staff! They work hard to make each child live up to his/her full potential.

Posted April 29, 2008

While I think the district may be good, this school appears to be uncaring about the real issues involving the students. Teachers and administration, except for one 3rd grade teacher that we have dealt with, have seemed unresponsive to concerns. There seems to be far more concern about how the assessment scores look, rather than the long-term effects they re having on the children. I honestly believe that the school could be a much nicer place under new administration and more experienced teachers. In the meantime, while we still reside in the area, we have chosen to move our child to another school.

Posted April 8, 2008

My child has attended K-3rd grade here. We had one outstanding teacher - Miss King - two other mediocre teachers whose classrooms were less structured where children wandered off. We have found the administration to be cool and distant, but the school has good policies and constructive ways of handling bullying - keeping that sort of behavior to a minimum.

Posted July 23, 2007

We loved Carriage Hill! We too are a military family and have been in several schools in several states. Our daughter attended 3rd-5th grades here. Carriage Hill has teachers, office staff, and a principal who make it a point to learn and know about each student (and their parents if they are in the building). The PTO is very involved in funding extras for the school. The extracurricular activities are varied and numerous (for 4th-6th graders) -- many are completely free. The school district is currently working to further improve the offerings for highly gifted students (HAL program). We experienced our best student-teacher ratios here and our daughter received individual attention when needed. We even made a trip back to visit the school from out of state. All our daughter's teachers, and the principal, remembered not only our daughter, but me as well!

Posted May 5, 2007

I cannot give this school my recommendation. We have had outstanding teachers and extremely poor teachers at this school. There are teachers here who we deeply love, but others who have had a very negative effect on our children. We have found the administration to be unresponsive to concerns. We have had difficulty getting challenging course work for our above average child (the teacher stated our child would not be allowed reading material beyond grade level even though this child was in obvious need of more challenging reading) and have had more difficulty getting help for another one of our children that struggled academically because that child did not perform at a 'poor enough level'. Our concerns have run deep enough that we have finally pulled our children out of this school and enrolled elsewhere.

Posted April 5, 2007

This is the best elementary school I have every seen. We are in the Air Force and by comparison, the curriculum, class sizes, facility quality and teachers/staff are top notch. I honestly can not think of one compliant. My kids attend the before and after school kids club which is very inexpensive and they absolutely love it. We just received Air orders to move and I am heartbroken to leave this school!

Posted April 18, 2005

I have nothig bad to say about this school! We love it so much that my husband is trying to figure out how we can extend our tour for as long as possible so that our two children can spend as many of their elementary years at Carriage Hill. The teachers have been fantastic. We love that the kids have specialty teachers for art, music, P.E. etc. We really lucked out miving so clase to a school this great!

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Nebraska used the Nebraska State Accountability (NeSA) assessments to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in reading and math; in grades 4, 8 and 11 in writing; and in grades 5, 8 and 11 in science. The NeSA assessments are standards-based tests, which means it measures how well students are mastering specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Nebraska. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 72% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

65 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 69% in 2013.

62 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 68% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 67% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 77% in 2013.

53 students were tested at this school in 2013.

All Students94%

Male84%
White, not Hispanic93%
Students eligible for free and reduced lunch94%
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups were identified by the Nebraska Department of Education; if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group in a school, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students89%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 39%N/A44%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

400 Cedar Dale Rd