Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Papillion-La Vista Senior High School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 22, 2015
Thank you Coach Moore for taking care of my son. You help him develop his basketball skills as well as leading him to grow into a good man. Appreciate you! Nicole

Posted June 18, 2014
Plhs is a hard working school with hard working staff that does everything they can to facilitate learning to the highest level for each child. There are always kids and parents who are unhappy but it's probably not the ones who show up ready to learn and give as much as they take. It takes a village and they give as much as they can. My son is an honors student who is challenged everyday. The broadcasting program is outstanding as well as the arts and athletics. Many options for all kids if they choose. My son is the sophomore class president - plays 3 sports - does broadcasting and takes AP classes. What a great opportunity he has to be well rounded and engaged in many areas.

Papillion-La Vista Senior High School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
I used to be a student here and there are a few areas where I felt really unprepared for an actual university. The english department is awful for the most part and the science teachers only care about the sports teams they run. The math department I learned a lot and is full of great teachers and for the most part so is history. If you want your child to be prepared for college do not send them here. I was hit with a brick wall with how much more work I needed to do than the rest of my peers. Also if you want ACTUAL GOOD TEACHERS, then they need to be paid. This nonsense where teachers only at best make 35K a year is not going to give a school good teachers.

Papillion-La Vista Senior High School 3

Posted November 30, 2012
i am a student and i have went to this high school since freshmen year some teacher are great and some are just bad. I have talk to my principal to switch teacher that i had last year and i didnt learn anything and he wouldnt let me switch. are principal are not the best and that needs to change. i have also been bullied and i tell principals they will not do anything about it and we have been a builled free school. dont believe them because i have been bullied and they still say that no one has been bullied. i have told one of my teacher and he has talked to that student. some of the teachers are the best but the principals are just bad

Posted November 16, 2012
This school is terrible. Only one of my children graduated and went to college, for a year. The other one droped out. They do no encourgement for graduation nor college. I regrett even moving to this town

Posted November 16, 2012
I was bullied everyday that I went there. The teachers don't care, neither did the administrators. The best day of my life was the day my parents let me transfer back to our old school

Posted December 06, 2011
I have never delt with such an unprofessional group of "administrators".We actually moved to Papillion b/c of the great reviews of the schools. What a mistake!!! Principal Kalina is very unprofessional and that sets the tone for the rest of the staffs behavior. Be prepared to e-mail teachers and have the only response be snyde comments to your children.

Papillion-La Vista Senior High School 4

Posted March 20, 2011
My daugther as attended this school since 9th grade and she will be a Junior fall of 2011. She has received an excellent education with being on the honor roll every year since beginning. I think the only downfall would be the amount of children that attend. My daughter tells me that hallways are extremely pack and traffic for picking her up is terrible. But other than that, I think this is a great school and I'm proud to say that my daughter is a MONARCH!

Posted November 03, 2009
Papillion-La Vista High School has the best parent-teacher-student triage I've ever seen. There is no problem they aren't willing to work with students or parents to solve.

Posted October 21, 2009
when you walk in the door everyone is nice. you just need to know the right kids to talk to. all the students are not all happy and bouncy. their are some that r bad apples. but over all teachers are great, my daughter loves the high school.

Papillion-La Vista Senior High School
402 East Centennial Rd, Papillion, NE  68046
Last modified Papillion-La Vista Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.