Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The school building, facilities, and grounds are nice enough, it is the teaching staff that fails on most levels. After having my children attend this school for 3 academic years, I have found the teachers lack of enthusiasm and initiative to be systemic and discouraging. If a child shows an ability in subjects ahead of where the slowest child in the class is, it is like pulling teeth to get the teacher to challenge the child with more difficult or additional material. Some teachers will actually segregate a high performer to keep them away from the rest of the class and FAIL to provide any material what so ever to the child they segregated. Experiences with several different teachers leads me to believe this is must be policy driven. I'm sure the teachers are nice people, but I don' necessarily want nice people that can't teach. I would much rather a system that can challenge all students in their own way not this monument to mediocrity.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

Unfortunately the term very ineffective is not strong enough, completely ineffective is better. The children like their teachers, so that is 'good', but as a parent I would a teacher who is capable of handling more than one type of student.

Amount of homework: Disagree

3 years, next to no homework. What do the teachers do here? The ratings on this site indicate parents love this school, but the academic performance ratings of the school indicate a sub-standard school. I like my children to be challenged and if schools don't provide the stimulus in school and then fail to provide it in the form of homework, they leave the task of actual education up to parents.

Develops character: Neutral

The school is focused on community development, but at the complete expense of scholastic education. Subjective concepts such as honesty, integrity, and fairness should be taught side-by-side with quantitative concepts.

We have been a part of this school for 2 years now, and absolutely love it! The teachers are outstanding. We only have 1 year left here, and will be sad to leave this school when we move.

This school is one of the best in the Nation. We have had 9 different teachers and they have all been wonderful. There are many opportunities to volunteer in the school. The principal and staff are amazing, and they are dedicated to each child's educational experience. I have 4 children at this school, a masters in education, and I could not be more impressed.

We recently moved out of state, but were thrilled with our two years at Walnut Creek. Our teachers were outstanding (one of my son's teachers even made a point of going to watch her students' soccer games and events outside school.) I appreciated the strong emphasis on writing and oral presentations. Great GT program that lets kids explore their areas of interest and top notch music program too. There's also a supportive community feel: nights at Skate City, school festivals, etc. My kids were proud to be at Walnut Creek. Don't be put off by the test scores; I felt the education my kids received was excellent.

We have attended Walnut Creek for 4 years now and have two children attending here. We love love love this school. We will be moving away soon and we will really miss the caring, wonderful staff and families. Absolutely the best elementary in Papillion.

Our children attended Walnut Creek for two years before we moved out of the area. We loved this school and miss it greatly. The teachers are caring and very available, as is the leadership staff. This school welcomes families with open arms and enjoys an active parent base.

I love Walnut Creek and am happy with each teacher my son has had! I am glad my daughter is going to start Kindergarden at this wonderful school

Last modified Walnut Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.