Papillion, NE
Students enrolled: 1,625

Posted August 27, 2014
My youngest Son went to this School, He didn't want to get in trouble so He didn't defend Himself against a much larger and older Bully! He was told by the Resource Officer " Just stay away from the Kid" The Bully attacked my Son in the locker room, My Son finally decided that He was in danger so He threw a punch, It knocked the Kid away and my Son ran off! I was called in the next day to be told that my Son was being suspended and charged with 3rd degree assault under their " Zero Tolerance policy" Obviously this enraged me since 1st the Officer did ZERO investigation ( I had by this time) 2nd He could not tell me if/when it was legal by His constitutional rights to defend Himself. I immediately contacted the District office where I was told that " There is nothing We can do, zero tolerance" I then went to the School Board and was told " Zero tolerance" I was even asked by a Board member " What if that bully had been hurt" ? I hired an attorney, The fact is, Your Child has a legal right to defend themselves even if the ignorant School staff disagrees! I won, The County Attorney agreed with us.

Posted August 26, 2014
they deal with bullying in the typical way , smile and wave the we dont want to ruffle any feathers bs, HAVE TO KEEP PC. wonder how many kids have to go home every night not wanting to go back to school t,then if you tell your kid to protect themselfs o no cant do that , they intimidate the kids into thinking if you defend yourself you could be in trouble ,or supended ,maybe if they let kids defend themselves there wouldnt be as much bulling going on

Posted August 20, 2011
As a military brat, I move all over the US. When I moved to Papillion, I thought this school would be a very nice school and I thought I would fit in just fine. I was wrong. When I walked into PLSHS, I smiled at some people, but instead of getting a smile back I got eyes rolled at me. I've been attending this school for a week, and still, only the teachers act like I exist. I've tried introducing myself to other students, but they don't really act like they want anything to do with me. The girls are snobs. The guys are jerks. The one thing that made me put two stars instead of one would be the teachers. They're fantastic, some of the best I've ever had. However, I recommend Bellevue West for new students hoping to make friends... I am switching schools next year.

Posted May 31, 2011
I highly recommend Papillion-La Vista South High School. This school stands out to me among the very best in Class A in the state of Nebraska, and by far one of the best in the Omaha Metro Area. The facilities are new and very impressive. There is a focus on technology in the classrooms with nearly every classroom having a Smart Board. The school has very good communcation and is very "customer friendly". While education is clearly the focus, activities and athletics are also top notch and quite award winning. The staff goes WAY above and beyond for students. I am very pleased with my experiences with the school thus far and thrilled that it's the high school in our attendance area.

Papillion-La Vista South High School 3

Posted February 02, 2011
I've taken advanced classes almost entirely (some scrub electives just as fillers) and I can assure you that most of the classes are challenging. Only a few are able to skate-by easily. Your student won't get that one-one-one attention most parents desire though. And the teachers dislike connecting with parents (probably because of the modern detest put upon them by parents; it's your own child's fault they are doing badly.) I can't divulge on school spirit much, I had none. It was a personal choice, really. I found it ridiculous. For the rest, there is an adequate amount of spirit, you just may have to delve into the extracurriculars a bit. Administration-wise, I can't say much. I was never in trouble, therefore never met with the principals. What administration I have met seem to know what they're doing, but I can't say for sure. On a last note, be wary of who your student is friends with. They "Underground" and "Criminal" scene between students here is existent. It is a reality you'll have to face though.

Posted October 11, 2010
I earned a 36 on the ACT and am a candidate for Valedictorian. That said, a fair number of the teachers are utterly incompetent, both in knowledge of their subject area and teaching ability (on the other hand, there are a few I have great respect and admiration for). The school hands out A's and brags about scores on reading tests that are at a 3rd grade level in order to make itself look prestigious. I could go into a several page rant just on the administration, but suffice to say they have become a severe hindrance to many students' education.

Papillion-La Vista South High School 4

Posted September 06, 2010
My college daughter has said she feels fortunate to have gone through the Papillion schools, especially Papillion South. She felt better prepared for college than many of the students she meets, including honor students from other schools. In fact, she felt her high school chemistry class was much better than the college course she took. One of the best things at Papio South are the academy courses offered. Both kids loved them. I high recommend them if a child has a special interest. The high school has a handful of teachers that are bad. But my kids also had some incredibly gifted teachers that they loved. They both enjoyed going to school at Papio South.

Posted February 26, 2010

Posted September 05, 2009

Posted March 21, 2009
I have nothing but good memories from PLS. The people who say there is no school spirt, don't go to the basketball and football games. 'The Black Hole' is one of the best student sections in the state. The Titans has become one of the most competitive athetic departments in the state. With great softball, baseball, vollyball football and basketball programs. Papio South also has one of the best choirs in the state. Along with one of the best bands in the state. The coaches and directors are really good about allowing kids to participate in several different programs. I played football and baseball and sang in the choir and school musical.

Papillion-La Vista South High School
10799 Hwy 370, Papillion, NE  68046
Last modified Papillion-La Vista South High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Papillion-La Vista South High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top