Ralston, NE

Posted December 04, 2014
Our family could not be happier with St. Gerald School. Great teachers who are willing to go above and beyond for all the kids. The new principal is fantastic and is getting thing lots of positive things done. The families are active and involved. I highly recommend this fantastic school for your family

St Gerald School 3

Posted September 09, 2014
This is a good school but there are some issues. All the teachers our kids have had are great! They have always taken the time to speak with us and work with our kids, and the atmosphere has always been positive. One problem is that we are on our third principle in 3 years and aren't sure about the stability anymore. The Parrish has problems with the current head priest which seems to trickling into the school and it doesn't appear to getting better anytime soon. The school can be very cliquish with the parents but most are very nice in spite of that.. Many parents volunteer but it always seems to be the same ones over and over. The friends our kids have made are very good kids though. I would advise anyone looking at this school to take a very close look to make sure it is the right place for you.

Posted June 08, 2014
Ever since the last principal retired this school is not the same! We had nothing but problems with both teachers and students. My daughter was treated badly by both teachers and students. She had to go back to public school near the end of her last year of grade school. The guidance counselor insulted me in a meeting with teachers and made me want to pull her out of the school. I do not recommend this school to anyone! We have also left the parish because of this.

Posted March 25, 2014
Teachers intimidate the students, and the Principal in spineless and out of touch. Parents are very cliquish. We pulled our child out and put him back in public school. Would not recommend!

Posted August 17, 2011
St. Gerald is a wonderful school! We moved our children there from the public school system and have not regretted it once. My children love that every staff member including the principal knows their names and will greet them anywhere they meet them. The standards and expectations are high, but that is exactly what my husband and I wanted for our kids.

Posted March 21, 2011
St. Gerald's is a very family oriented school. The school has tremendous family support and I feel my children are receiving a great education.

Posted January 29, 2011
My three children have attended and one still attends St .Gerald s Catholic school. 2 have graduated and are doing very well in high school. My oldest has been accepted to the colleges of his choice. All of my children have been valued and respected as students by the faculty and staff. I live in Ralston and could send my children to the public school system but have opted to send them to St .Gerald s Catholic because the education is very strong and the values (respect for others, personal responsibility, and honesty) that my husband and I want our children to learn are taught and strengthened in a loving way at St .Gerald s Catholic School.

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted September 28, 2009
St. Gerald School is a very welcoming place. The teachers, staff, and students are great! Our children have excelled beyond what we were hoping for. We have not seen or experienced anything negative there with the exception of a few school mothers who were just unhappy people. Those mothers are seemingly not around anymore, and the school is better off for it. We have recommended our school to many new families, and they are happy here as well. Thank you St. Gerald's!

Posted September 23, 2009
St. Gerald School has been one of the top Catholic schools in the Omaha area for many years. We researched all of the Catholic schools in Omaha before we moved a few years ago. We are so pleased that we had made the right decision. Our children love it. One of our children is a straight A student and the other one is an average student. They both love the teachers and the principal. They were accepted by the other students right away and now have many friends. We have not experienced any kinds of problems, and we see a completely different school than those parents who had some kind of negative issues. Thank you St. Gerald's!

St Gerald School