Roca, NE

Posted August 21, 2008
My kids attended Prairie Hill for 9 years. I can't imagine them having a better education anywhere else. My son and daughter developed a wonderful love of nature. No video games, no television, no plastic toys. It is all about the wonder of the world. A big plus is the focus on family-style meals with exceptional, organic foods. One of the best features is, despite its exceptional qualities, the tuition was much lower than run-of-the-mill 'day care' in Lincoln. I highly recommend it!

Prairie Hill Learning Center 0

Posted December 26, 2007
This school is truly enriching. They have wonderful teachers, environment and my child learns so much from all of the dynamic experiences he has here. I have seen many many schools in the Lincoln area and would not want my child anywhere else. the teachers are very well educated and the mission of the school is one of continual growth and respect. it emphasizing healthy eating, activities, and my child is learning to his potential- it's very impressive!

Posted June 23, 2007
I think that Prairie Hill is a wonderful school and as a student there I should know. The teachers are all great and are willing to sit down and help you with the work that you are doing. The environment around us is a large part of the school and learning how to care for it is like an ongoing lesson that happens everyday. We are also taught to respect the people and animals around you, this is something that isn't always taught in a school. Prairie Hill is just an all around great place, please check it out.

Posted December 08, 2006
Prairie Hill Learning Center is an amazing school! The country setting is perfect for my child's love of nature and animals. She gets to ride ponies every week, feed the ducks, gather eggs, work in the garden, recycle, etc. I love that she gets to help plan the menu, prepare the food, eat family style, and use real tableware. She is excited about and interested in reading, math, botany, zoology, and geography. The elementary school is a straw bale construction building. The school is in the process of installing wind and solar power. Students will be able to monitor energy usage and savings as a part of their math studies. Parents are given numerous opportunities to be involved in their child's program through observations, conferences, and volunteer work. Do your child a favor and check this school out! I have never seen anything quite like it!

Prairie Hill Learning Center 2

Posted February 18, 2006
This school has been a big disappointment. It is probably fine for younger kids, but not for elementary students. The school lacks on character education. The elementary teachers are not well prepared to objectively deal with normal conflicts between students and do not have an specific program to promote inclusion of children with disabilities. Academic performance and extracurricular activities could be better. Not worth the voluntary work and monetary contributions that are expected from parents.

Prairie Hill Learning Center
17705 South 12th Street, Roca, NE  68430
Last modified Prairie Hill Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Prairie Hill Learning Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top