No rating

Community Christian Elementary/Jr High School

Private | PK-8 | 225 students

Living in Scottsbluff

Situated in a small town neighborhood. The median home value is $104,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $616.

Posted January 13, 2009

My children attended CCS for all of their elementary and Jr. High years. We found all of the teachers to be loving and caring. The academics were far superior to the public schools, especially in reading/English. My daughter's high school English teacher said she can always tell the students who come from CCS because they are so good in English/Language! I highly recommend CCD to any parent considering private or Christian schooling.

Posted December 16, 2007

School is having lots of trouble. Many parents have left or are contemplating leaving. The principal has no control over the parents who seem to run everything here The principal is a yeller, but if his kid or a board member's kid is in trouble nothing will happen.I am researching other schools at this point. The wives are worse and have formed their own group to exclude others not in the same income bracket. A public school could not be worse than this. When a principal has to visit the public high school and sequester former CCS kids without their parents knowledge to survey them, there are huge, huge problems. The community is becoming aware of CCS problems.

Posted July 8, 2007

I spent most of my school grades at CCS. Some great things about CCS are the nice teachers and prayer times. In younger grades we were by far ahead of ALL the public schools. But, in jr. high it changed. We were no longer advanced in math or science and we all have to retake Algebra 1 in high school. Math was hard this year. Great for younger kids, but not for jr. high. Many of my younger friends arent coming back.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 7, 2007

Community Christian is one of the very best things we could have done for our children. Their academics are excellent, the administration is easy to work with and the teachers are simply awesome. They have also proven to be very competitive in athletics against much larger schools. Thank you for your service! ~ Brian

Posted June 19, 2007

The school is losing students quickly. We had to leave because of finances and the kids made fun or our son because of it. We will miss the teachers very much,but the parents here are just awful. We arent the only ones leaving, but more support for our circumstances woulve been kinder. Average academics, some of the public schools in the area rate higher. Some bullies in upper grades, but our boy will miss his friends.

Posted June 19, 2007

I am the parent of a junior high school girl. She's had a great education and great friends. We've been very happy with all the teachers. Wouldve liked to see more art and science activities. The junior high even gets a little Spanish to help out when they start high school. Very hard to find parents to serve on the school board and the parent club dissolved. There may be a few moms with too much power, but overall we've been happy

Posted September 6, 2006

My two children went to CCS for a total of ten years. I found the teachers and the Principal wonderful caring people that provided an education that placed my children at the top of their peer group when they entered the Public School arena. It is a Solid Christian education delivered by godly faculty, that I am so grateful were a part of my children's formative years.

Posted February 24, 2006

My Daughter went to ccs for years, she did get a good education, but the kids are so nasty there and the principal and the teacher don't seem to care,they don't really seem to care about christian values at all, and one more thing if you do plan on going to this school remeber one thing, you will be fund raised to death, they expect the parents to pay for everything at this school, if they need new carpet in the class that your child is in they expect you the parents to chip in and pay for it.

Posted February 21, 2006

My children attended CCS K-8th grade and received a superior education. The love and concern shown the students by the teachers is evident; problems are also dealt with before they become out of hand. I highly recommend CCS to anyone who wants to make sure their children receive a superior education from a Christian perspective. CS

Posted November 15, 2005

Our son previously attended a public school that was ranked in the 98th percentile in Tenn. He was six months behind in classwork when he came to CCS. His teacher worked caringly with him and he caught up by the start of the 2nd semester. Christ is the center of the school. The principal works with parents and teachers. There are frequent celebrations in the school where children can wear period clothing, or even spray dye their hair(for that day). There are sports teams, academic teams which compete in the city, state and regionally. Some children win national distinctions. CCS is ranked in the top 25% of all schools which take the Stanford Achievement Tests.

Posted October 17, 2005

I went to CCS for 9 years of my life, K - 8. CCS has a great student to teacher ratio so you get a better education there, however no child should ever be sent there. At CCS you are taught that you have to be perfect, 'that coloring your hair is a sin' and other such beliefs. First grade teachers have told their classes about Santa not being real, and you are taught that you must conform. A few of the teachers were nice, but overall, I would NEVER EVER RECOMMEND IT. K.H.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 20, 2005

My son went to ccs, and I must say he did get a very good education for the 4 years that he was there, but everything was a big mistake the Principlal is absolutly horriable, the teachers can cut the kids self esteem down to nothing, and you must know that they do spank at this school, don;t ever try to get any help form the principal becasue he will not back up any child or parent only the teachers.

Posted June 7, 2004

My daughter attended Community Christan school for three years and for that she has recieved a superior education. People often comment on how smart she is and are also very impressed with her behavior. CCS really cares about students and their families and they are dedicated to helping them grow and learn in every aspect to be productive citizens. Now that we have moved I can only hope to find a match to its excellence in these areas and I highly recommend CCS to those in that area. Laura Johnson

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

511 West 14th Street