Scottsbluff, NE

Posted January 13, 2009
My children attended CCS for all of their elementary and Jr. High years. We found all of the teachers to be loving and caring. The academics were far superior to the public schools, especially in reading/English. My daughter's high school English teacher said she can always tell the students who come from CCS because they are so good in English/Language! I highly recommend CCD to any parent considering private or Christian schooling.

Posted February 07, 2008

Community Christian Elementary/Jr High School 0

Posted December 16, 2007
School is having lots of trouble. Many parents have left or are contemplating leaving. The principal has no control over the parents who seem to run everything here The principal is a yeller, but if his kid or a board member's kid is in trouble nothing will happen.I am researching other schools at this point. The wives are worse and have formed their own group to exclude others not in the same income bracket. A public school could not be worse than this. When a principal has to visit the public high school and sequester former CCS kids without their parents knowledge to survey them, there are huge, huge problems. The community is becoming aware of CCS problems.

Community Christian Elementary/Jr High School 3

Posted July 08, 2007
- a former student
I spent most of my school grades at CCS. Some great things about CCS are the nice teachers and prayer times. In younger grades we were by far ahead of ALL the public schools. But, in jr. high it changed. We were no longer advanced in math or science and we all have to retake Algebra 1 in high school. Math was hard this year. Great for younger kids, but not for jr. high. Many of my younger friends arent coming back.

Posted July 07, 2007
Community Christian is one of the very best things we could have done for our children. Their academics are excellent, the administration is easy to work with and the teachers are simply awesome. They have also proven to be very competitive in athletics against much larger schools. Thank you for your service! ~ Brian

Posted June 19, 2007
The school is losing students quickly. We had to leave because of finances and the kids made fun or our son because of it. We will miss the teachers very much,but the parents here are just awful. We arent the only ones leaving, but more support for our circumstances woulve been kinder. Average academics, some of the public schools in the area rate higher. Some bullies in upper grades, but our boy will miss his friends.

Community Christian Elementary/Jr High School 3

Posted June 19, 2007
I am the parent of a junior high school girl. She's had a great education and great friends. We've been very happy with all the teachers. Wouldve liked to see more art and science activities. The junior high even gets a little Spanish to help out when they start high school. Very hard to find parents to serve on the school board and the parent club dissolved. There may be a few moms with too much power, but overall we've been happy

Posted June 06, 2007

Posted September 06, 2006
My two children went to CCS for a total of ten years. I found the teachers and the Principal wonderful caring people that provided an education that placed my children at the top of their peer group when they entered the Public School arena. It is a Solid Christian education delivered by godly faculty, that I am so grateful were a part of my children's formative years.

Posted February 24, 2006
My Daughter went to ccs for years, she did get a good education, but the kids are so nasty there and the principal and the teacher don't seem to care,they don't really seem to care about christian values at all, and one more thing if you do plan on going to this school remeber one thing, you will be fund raised to death, they expect the parents to pay for everything at this school, if they need new carpet in the class that your child is in they expect you the parents to chip in and pay for it.

Community Christian Elementary/Jr High School
511 West 14th Street, Scottsbluff, NE  69361
Last modified Community Christian Elementary/Jr High School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Community Christian Elementary/Jr High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top