Sutton, NE

Sutton Christian School 5

Posted September 12, 2014
I, myself, went there from kindergarten to eighth grade, and I wouldn't regret anything about it. When I started going there, I had a disorder called CVS, which made me sick ALL the time. As a seven year old, I was scared to go to a real school because of embarrassment but also extremely excited to start a real school, being that I was homeschooled all my life. The other kids were excited to meet me too, in their own way. I was always a stubborn kid and the poor teachers poured grace and tough love on me and honestly I'm glad they did. The school is advance and I got good grades in junior high, but terrible grades in elementary. With a lil' growing up boost from those great teachers in junior high, I am now in high school doing college prep going on to go be a social worker after college which is hopefully to UNL or Hastings College, both very good schools. When I went to SCS in second grade, I couldn't read or write. Now my kids for sure will go there. I just hope they stay open and get more kids in soon! Great school! You will NEVER regret going there or sending your kids there. It brings me to tears from all the memories, good or bad, from there. The teachers there are the BEST!

Sutton Christian School 5

Posted April 11, 2012
As a parent with children here I am encouraged by this school. They have high expectations for both behavior and academics and a structured learning environment. Bullying is non-existant and the kids are not allowed to spend their days texting and such. Parental involvement is huge and the kids are surrounded with support from a close knit school family. The teachers continue to go out of their way to make learning real and to encourage the kids in their abilities. They are working towards meeting the demands of an ever growing and changing world of technology and continue to provide a high quality education. The thing I appreciate above all other things is their commitment to using the Bible as the standard for learning and teaching. Kids are shown that they are priceless and that they matter. They have self worth here. Another thing I like is that the older kids at this school really watch out for the younger students. It's a normal day to see an 8th grader playing at recess with kindergartners. There is no perfect school since there are no perfect people, but we have an option to surround our kids with teaching about our perfect Savior, Jesus Christ.

Sutton Christian School 3

Posted September 05, 2006
Children are former students, attended 6 years overall. One child regressed I feel due to the teacher not meeting her real needs-focus is more on the advanced student. This school is exceptional at academics, however, lacks offering classes such as keyboarding to meet today's students need for computer skills. Found this out when our A student son left to attend public and was well below level in this area. There has been a problem with Math when students move on to Sutton Public, lack of cooperation to change this when addressed. Teachers ill-equipped to meet needs of high energy students. Great parent involvement and overall students well disciplined, however, the outsider who is from the same Christian faith but not of the Reformed is not totally accepted.

Sutton Christian School
1004 E Ash St, Sutton, NE  68979
Last modified Sutton Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Sutton Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top