York High School 1

Posted September 09, 2013
The school and the town are not welcoming to newcomers. The administration do nothing to help new kids so they feel left out and to make it worse the school is clique. I would not recommend anyone going there unless you want to feel ignored. The teachers also pay little attention and its hard to get a good education in this environment.

Posted April 28, 2009

Posted November 21, 2007

Posted February 07, 2007
- a former student
As a former student I think my Ag Teacher said it best ' You get out of it what you put in it'. I went to a small school my freshman year and thank goodness my parents let me go to York High School my last three years. I was a FFA Officer for two years, in band, and Aces. They have great course offerings and the Principal actually knew my name. I actually miss the band trips and the FFA leadership retreats. Everybody was included and treated with respect. I realize I graduated in 2003 but everybody I have talked to said the High School is even better today. Keep up the good work York High School.

York High School 4

Posted November 28, 2005

York High School 4

Posted November 15, 2005
Our experience as a family with four students in 5th grade thru 12th grade is you get out of a school what you put into it. The music program is awesome and the high school just added a 2nd Band Instructor.Yes the teachers are demanding for excellance but they will give the estra time if students are willing to go in after school or even before school. The career education area is crowded with students but the teachers still met the needs of our two oldest. The FFA Chapter is one the largest in the state with 128 in school members. Our oldest daughter got involved her Junior year and had a tremendous leadership experience. Our Son is now getting involved in FBLA and seems to like the activities. Our overall rating of York High is way above average for what we expected when we moved to York five years ago.

York High School 1

Posted April 06, 2005
- a former student
I agree with Hale the York Public School system is very bad.

Posted April 06, 2005
york is a totally awesome place to raise kids and i think that the school system is amazing.

York High School 2

Posted December 20, 2004
Very poor education available. Students recieve little care/attention by teachers. Not Recomended

York High School
1005 Duke Dr, York, NE  68467
Last modified York High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
York High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top