Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Posted October 15, 2015
We are so happy to be back in Boulder City! Miserable experience with Henderson school, teachers, & principal. My observation and experience at Garret is the Principal has high expectations of staff, students, education, parents, and orderly. Hence, the 9 Great School academic rating. Being a smaller town, but still in the Clark County District, there is a bit more flexibility in 'how' the children are taught while balance 'what' is required to teach. This school is also a Google pilot school, which mean more emphasis on leveraging technology for school work, homework, reports, interactive communication with school/teachers/parent/students. My child has the ability to see realtime grades and progress which in turn provided a vested interest in progress. Recently, having a D in one subject and made a point to tell me it's been improved to a B. And knows how and why that grade has improved. Involvement and vested interested in own education. We have had no major incidents. The standard bratty behavior you expect from kids but been able to work through it successfully. Overall very pleased with the school and high expectation for excellence. How the school functions and children education and behavior is a direct reflection of the Leaders. So far I am extremely pleased with my childs' performance and leadership at Garrett.

Posted August 16, 2015
Excellent school. Outstanding teachers who have high expectations and take their role as educators very seriously. When a parent shows concern for their child and is present and openly communicable with the staff at this school, there is no thing they would not do to help. Mr Henry Bruckman is an especially strong presence and resource for parents, kids with learning disabilities/resource/social issues as well as an outstanding mentor and confidante for all students and parents alike. Love the principal, office staff, gym teacher, band teacher and all academic areas filled by persons of the highest esteems. 5 stars across the board!

Elton M Garrett Junior High School 2

Posted May 10, 2014
My daughter attends this school. She hasn't had any trouble yet. I pulled my son out to homeschool him because many of the teachers here have nasty attitudes and children should not be exposed to their hateful dispositions. They were verbally abusive and just unnecessarily rude to my son and me. My son ahd a great attitude towards learning and loved school until he started here. He has quite a few friends in our neighborhood who are homeschooled for this reason also. Enroll with caution!

Elton M Garrett Junior High School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Elton M Garrett Junior High School has a dedicated principal and staff. They are willing to try new and different ways of education to enhance each student's ability to learn. I sat in on two different classes this year and saw extremely well-behaved, attentive students. Having taught many years ago, I know behavior and attentiveness are hard to come by.

Elton M Garrett Junior High School 1

Posted March 25, 2014
The worse principal ever. I would not recommend it at all. My son and I had the worse time of our lives. his stress level went to the roof, he was bullied by some of the teachers and staff. :( ;(

Elton M Garrett Junior High School 1

Posted December 16, 2013
I think there is a lot of favoritism at this school and I think there are several teachers who do not enjoy teaching, but are trying to "hang in there" until they can collect retirement. Additionally, the administration does not hold teachers and staff accountable for violating district policies and procedures. There is a culture of lip service when parents express concerns, but appropriate actions are seldom taken. As a parent, you have to take matters into your own hands and utilize individuals at the district level. However, the test scores are good so it would appear nothing else matters, like crushing the spirits of the 6th graders who enter the school so they exit 8th grade with a complete dislike of school and lack of trust in the adults who are responsible for inspiring a life-long love of learning. Also, forget about parent involvement...the last thing they want is to have parents around, unless, of course, you are one of the "chosen ones."

Posted December 05, 2013
My school is awesome but the lockers are troubling. I like this school and there is many students that are nice and friendly to me. I love it.

Posted April 20, 2013
I went to this school in the early 1990's. It was a great school. I had a lot of fun and a lot of friends. I love Garrett middle school. So many memories.

Posted September 26, 2012
I am 6th grader at Garrett so far this school is awesome I am very proud to be a Garrett Bobcat!!!!!!!

Posted April 11, 2012
The school has allot to offer the students. Even though it is a small school, the arts are flourishing. In particular: the orchestra program. Mrs. Riley is fantastic! A firm but caring teacher that goes the extra mile both musically and in caring about the students. My son is graduating this year and is excited to continue with the same teacher at the high school.

Elton M Garrett Junior High School
1200 Ave G, Boulder City, NV  89005
Last modified Elton M Garrett Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.