Elton M Garrett Junior High School 2

Posted May 10, 2014
My daughter attends this school. She hasn't had any trouble yet. I pulled my son out to homeschool him because many of the teachers here have nasty attitudes and children should not be exposed to their hateful dispositions. They were verbally abusive and just unnecessarily rude to my son and me. My son ahd a great attitude towards learning and loved school until he started here. He has quite a few friends in our neighborhood who are homeschooled for this reason also. Enroll with caution!

Elton M Garrett Junior High School 4

Posted April 28, 2014
Elton M Garrett Junior High School has a dedicated principal and staff. They are willing to try new and different ways of education to enhance each student's ability to learn. I sat in on two different classes this year and saw extremely well-behaved, attentive students. Having taught many years ago, I know behavior and attentiveness are hard to come by.

Posted March 25, 2014
The worse principal ever. I would not recommend it at all. My son and I had the worse time of our lives. his stress level went to the roof, he was bullied by some of the teachers and staff. :( ;(

Posted December 16, 2013
I think there is a lot of favoritism at this school and I think there are several teachers who do not enjoy teaching, but are trying to "hang in there" until they can collect retirement. Additionally, the administration does not hold teachers and staff accountable for violating district policies and procedures. There is a culture of lip service when parents express concerns, but appropriate actions are seldom taken. As a parent, you have to take matters into your own hands and utilize individuals at the district level. However, the test scores are good so it would appear nothing else matters, like crushing the spirits of the 6th graders who enter the school so they exit 8th grade with a complete dislike of school and lack of trust in the adults who are responsible for inspiring a life-long love of learning. Also, forget about parent involvement...the last thing they want is to have parents around, unless, of course, you are one of the "chosen ones."

Posted December 05, 2013
My school is awesome but the lockers are troubling. I like this school and there is many students that are nice and friendly to me. I love it.

Posted April 20, 2013
I went to this school in the early 1990's. It was a great school. I had a lot of fun and a lot of friends. I love Garrett middle school. So many memories.

Posted September 26, 2012
I am 6th grader at Garrett so far this school is awesome I am very proud to be a Garrett Bobcat!!!!!!!

Posted April 11, 2012
The school has allot to offer the students. Even though it is a small school, the arts are flourishing. In particular: the orchestra program. Mrs. Riley is fantastic! A firm but caring teacher that goes the extra mile both musically and in caring about the students. My son is graduating this year and is excited to continue with the same teacher at the high school.

Posted March 05, 2012
There is a huge bullying issue at this school and there is favoritism. Punishment is up to who ever the vice principal is at the time and varies greatly.Little is done to contain the bullying.There are some good teachers there but the atmosphere there with the bullying undermines the good of the few good caring teachers

Elton M Garrett Junior High School 0

Posted April 01, 2010
This school has some veryy good teachers, and some that need to stay on topic and teach the students so that they can learn, not just teach their plan and thats it. This school is very spirited. I am in 8th grade and like three teachers will push you soooo hard. And like two aren't very good teachers.

Elton M Garrett Junior High School
1200 Ave G, Boulder City, NV  89005
Last modified Elton M Garrett Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elton M Garrett Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.