Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

I loved the teachers as human beings, very loving and caring and my children had straight A's BUT when we moved to PHES just a few miles down the road my children had even as low as a D's. It took 1 year to get them back on track with better study habits and better teachers, less cuddly, more academic and now at a different school my kids are in AP classes in middle school. And the principal, she is not supportive of parents or teachers. She has made this school a DIVIDED HOT MESS! The teachers there are saints for putting up with her!

We love this school. They have anti bully program, Family Fall night, Sock hop, and keep the family involved. I have 3 kids going and they florished through their past struggles with these teachers and the principal making sure they are invloved with their set backs and growth. The staff is out going and makes sure they know everyone and even which kids are siblings. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to our kids!

This school makes you feel welcome the moment you walk through the front doors. JVES has a fantastic principal, wonderful teachers and a terrific staff who all work together for the greater good of the students. It's an open, friendly and safe school. This school is committed to education. It also has fun family nights like Sock Hop, Fall Festival and Bingo. Some other school activities include an Earth Day celebration, a garden, a history walk, running school and a habitat, PE, art, music and computer classes. It has a PTSO that works hard to help support the school in getting things for it's students, teachers and staff. Like new library tables and chairs, books, teacher conferences, busses for field trips, a Rock wall, science fair, assemblies and more. I would highly recommend this school to parents coming to this area. Drop by JVES and see for yourself. Thanks, from a satisfied parent.

This is an amazing school. I am a parent who is very involved in my childrens education. I have a child with an IEP, and I am completely satisfied on all levels with the professionalism of the teachers and principal. My children came from a charter school, to this public school. Both of my children were behind in their grade levels upon entering JVES. WIth the strong leadership of the principal and the devotion of their teachers they made huge leaps to become on target. Upon receiving their end of the year progress reports, my husband and I both new we placed our children in the right school.

This school is by far one of the worst elementary schools in the area. They pride themselves on how much money they have, but money isn't enough to improve what matters at this school. They may have money, but that is not enough to pay for teachers who are kind or great with kids, or even enthusiastic about teaching. The staff seems overworked, unhappy, and not all excited about teaching. The playground equipment is old and outdated and last year during the school year when it was over 100 degrees, there wasn't even a functioning air conditioning for my daughters class! The awful things, like a teacher refusing to let another 1st grader use the bathroom, which forced him to go "number two", in his pants, was not only humiliating for him, but made me furious with this awful teaching staff! The mother of the boy pulled him out of school immediately. This school is probably the worst school in the entire school district. I would urge any parent, who cares about their child to do whatever it takes to make sure you child can go elsewhere.

I absolutely love this school and so did my son. My son was on honor roll in 5ht and 6th grade and the teachers pushed him to his best. I can't say enough good things about the teachers and principal and counselor, and secretaries. The principal gets handed bitter lemons at times and turn it into sweet ice cold lemonade. The counselor does so much including Safe School Ambassador program for the 4th-6th graders and Bully Blockers for kindergarten through 3rd grade. We have the most modern technology in Northern Nevada (thanks to a huge donation from Big George Adventures. They have a running school program where the whole school runs about 8 times a year also sponsered by Big George . Yes we are on the watch list but if you see what area we tested low in , you could understand how the teachers and principals hands are tied. Until we have parents more responsible for their child's test scores we will probably stay on the watch list. I am a PTSO memeber and I know for a fact that the teachers, counselor and prinicpal have gone above and beyond the duty to get those test scores up. Wil miss this school greatly.

Only reason why I gave the school 1 star was because I had to. I am a parent of a child that attends this school and I am curently trying to relocate because of the school. They DO NOT believe in homework. Lazy teachers, lazy principal, the school is truly filthy, just all around lazy.

teacher quality at this school is very poor, had a teacher picking on my child which I tried talking to so I went to the principal and when I talked to the principal nothing was done about this teacher. Would not recommend.

I am happy with the school but am not happy with the state requirements and neither are the teachers that I have spoken with. Thank you to the teachers whom do care and continue to help our children excel and keep striving :) Thank you

My daughter has attended Jacks Valley from K-4th and " LOVES" her school. The teachers and principle are great but yes not much homework and none on weekends, although they offered GT program, kids club afterschool, hiking club, student counsel, safe school ambasador, etc. I helped in the classes as a dad and I don't want to move until she finishes 6th grade at her request.

Last modified Jacks Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.