Bad
Good

My family has been at this school for 7 years and will be for another 6. We have nothing but praise for the staff. They truly love these children and give them their best. I have above-average learners and I have never felt as thought their needs were being set aside. On the contrary, I've had several instances where teachers have created extra activities to challenge my children; things they can choose to work on once their class work is completed while their peers continue to receive instruction. I appreciate the feeling of community we feel here & have no complaints. Keep it up, MTES!

This school does not even come close to the standards I would hope for in a facility to teach my children. Not only do they not challenge students who are faster learners but they seem to cater to esl students more than any one else. The staff seems very frustrated to the fact that they are not allowed to do more for their harder working students as they are pressed to hold true to the "no child left behind" program. Further more there is a huge problem with bullying and racial segregation between the students. My children had to suffer 2 years at this school and we are moving specifically to get them into another school.

I am so impressed with the quality of education my children are receiving at this school. My children have both attended 2 other schools in The Carson City School District and neither of those schools can compare to Mark Twain. The administration is incredible and the teachers and staff are amazing!

I won't move out of the district because I want all my kids to attend this school. Great teachers and leadership.

I find this school in need of some improvements, class structure is very good, the staff very helpfull and caring. The district management is the real problem not offering progressive and challenging enviorments for average and advanced students. Its main focus is on below average learnig and esl students. A moderate improvement in this group will help the schools overall average at the expence of the faster learning students. I have joined the pta in hope of helping change the issues I feel need improvement. I have every confidence in the staff

Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.