PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have children in the preschool and the elementary school. My second grader is reading at a 4th grade level. My kindergarten student is already reading with over 100 words in reading vocabulary. Every students is given an individualized learning plan to work from. Each of my children has been given such individual time and attention with a focus on working to their personal best. The faith-based approach to education enhances the morals and values we teach at home. The preschool has a structured, academic approach which has served my children well. My shy child has gained confidence because of the structured routine and knowing what to expect. There has been no turnover of staff since we have been there in the last three years. My children have developed amazing relationships with the teachers. The preparation for kindergarten and reading, writing was wonderful. I highly recommend this school for all grades.

We love this school. From preschool to 8th grade. The staff and faculty are AMAZING --so dedicated and caring -- beyond my highest of expectations. The amazing foundation my children received in the Child Development Center (CDC) is unsurpassed. We know, because it is not the only program in town we tried. The CDC staff is so nurturing and talented. Continuing to the elementary grades was an easy decision. My children bound off to school filled with joy and the love of learning everyday. They are all doing fantastic, well above average students in their classrooms and still being challenged every single day. The teachers are able to focus on the needs of each student as they partner with parents to give every student the attention and focus they need and most importantly, deserve. We are surrounded by families who are involved in the daily education of their children. Our younger children watch the older Middle School Students who model moral and appropriate behavior daily. The older children are kind and considerate to the younger students. It is truly heartwarming. We are pleased beyond words...

I have been with this school for 7 years and it is an excellent school. The administration and staff are top notch and the quality of education is outstanding.

I previously gave this school a 5-start rating. Unfortunately, the quality of the school went down drastically during the time we attended. We pulled out our children after the 2012 year and moved them to another school as did parents of 40 other children. We are Catholic and would not have moved our children unless it was really bad. Meetings with the principal and clergy were not effective and we were treated like the problem. Even worse, my children were over a year behind in some subject areas when tested. They will need to work very hard and have a tutor this year to make up for the curriculum deficiencies at St. Teresa School.

This school and pre-school are the best in Northern Nevada. The school has been the school of choice for Carson City for decades. If you want your child ready for college --- send them here.

My daughter use to go there and the third grade teacher at the time helped my daughter a lot. It is a great school.

St. T's is a great school filled with caring faculty, staff and administrators. They sometimes overreact to typical childhood displays of noncompliance but I am thrilled my son has been given the educational opportunities provided at this institution. Parental involvement is exceptional; faculty, staff and administrators are personally acquainted with each student. There is a great effort to provide training in ethics - critical to growing strong, responsible, caring and self-reliant adults. Music, arts and extra curricular activities are sadly lacking and should be pursued more aggressively - let playground equipment come later. Imagination is much better than equipment.

Administrative staff are very caring and make families and students feel welcome and important. Dedicated faculty go that 'extra mile' to ensure successful student learning and are committed to use every means available to them to achieve this goal. The school (its board, PTO, administrators and academic faculty) is dedicated to providing affordable, quality educational opportunities. They believe they are called to collaborate with the parents to educate every aspect of the child. The school ensures parental involvement with students throughout the school day which makes the daily activities much more appealing to the students. Children do seem to respond very positively to time with their parents, their smiles, positive attitudes and excellent grades reflect this investment. This is a great school. Extracurricular activities are a bit scant but the quality of education and emphasis on character development training more than makes up for this.

Last modified St. Teresa Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8