Posted November 26, 2012
As a parent, you want the best for your child. I researched 3 different schools in Carson before making my decision. I toured each school, questioned each principal. Why? To see which school would better my child. I am thrilled to have chosen Carson Montessori. Yes, they are overcrowed, yes they need more space. But that's a great thing. They get to move and expand their facility. My child in the meantime, gets to grow! If she excels, she moves forward. If she is weak, she has the ability and TIME to work on those weaknesses to become strengths! Her teachers are AMAZING! Whether the teachers are Montessori trained or not, doesn't matter.This school does both! Montessori and Traditional school combined! Best of both Worlds! Is this school for every child? NO. But if you want the best of the best, in Carson City, then take the tour, ask questions, meet the staff, meet the Principal. I did. I spent the time. As a parent who is concerned with education, I have to know my child will be getting the best education. And coming from an educator, I HIGHLY recommend this school to anyone who cares about their child's future in education! And when the school does move, it will only get BETTER!

Posted August 27, 2012
This was a wonderful school a few years ago.It's now all about the numbers.They cram as many children in the classes as possible.The class sizes are overcrowded to say the least.It's sad to see they have gone from a caring environment to a business environment.I am not a disgruntled parent.My child is in the top 3 students in their class.I feel sorry for the other children who aren't excelling because the Montessori style of teaching is to help children excell and to have fun while learning.The children are in class for a total of 5 1/2 hours at best and if you divide that among 40 students with 3 teachers your child is getting a whopping 8.5 minutes of teacher student time with each teacher.The classes are just simply to large.I have volunteered several times in class and a good majority of the time is spent keeping the children in line due to the lack of using chairs or desks in the majority of the younger classes.The last time I checked there was only 1 current teacher in the school who was actually Montessori trained also.I think they should drop the "Montessori" from the name and get a bigger building if they are just concerned about making money.The kids are paying the price!

Posted June 21, 2012
Carson Montessori is an exception to the rule. When my daughter started kindergarten she was performing high above her peers. The school staff and Mrs. Daniels allowed her to move up into a 2nd grade reading class and 1st grade math class. This would have never happened in a regular public school. We love this school. It is a place where children are allowed to explore things that interest them. For my child, it is science. She has been a jellyfish and even dissected several animals - in first grade! Although the school is crowded, which is due to the city being resistent to allowing them to move into a bigger facility, my daughter loves her teachers, in fact she loves all the teachers, the office staff and especially Mrs. Daniels. She won't be going anywhere else.

Posted June 19, 2012
Carson Montessori is a hidden gem amongst the Carson City School District. Where much of the CCSD schools are running on scripted programs, the teachers at Carson Montessori implement creative teaching techniques and practical life skills in each of their lessons. Rooms are transformed into rainforests or ocean wonderlands, the side yards are transformed into anthropological digs, and the library is transformed into a five-star restaurant complete with top-notch entertainment all planned and carried out by the students. It s no wonder the school has maintained a status of Distinguished and High Achieving over these past years. Parents are always welcomed into the classroom to volunteer or observe and teachers are always willing to sit down with parents and give feedback regarding their child. Carson Montessori is an excellent school because of its excellent staff, strong leadership, and challenging creative lessons. This gem, Carson Montessori, continues to be a shining stone amongst the rocky terrain.

Posted June 19, 2012
My son just completed his 3rd year at Carson Montessori, and I couldn't be more satisfied with his education, opportunity, teachers, and his own desire to attend!! He has had the opportunity to be exposed to so many exciting, challenging, skill building, growing opportunities, than I could ever imagine existing in the public school system. One of the things I appreciate the most is the size of the school and the interaction between the classes. It is heart warming to me to see the children interacting with each other, different grade leves, encouraging each other, and knowing boundaries and peer responsibility. I truly, truly believe that his elementary education reaches beyond the books, and "stats", and that this experience will encourage him to continue to explore his own educational demands and opportunities! I am so thankful to Jessica Daniels for her commitment, as this school is her passion. Not to mention her own personal financial dedication to the stability and opportunities that lie within its loving walls! There is hardly ever a situation where everyone is completely satisfied, this is life. Not everything works for everyone. For our family, we are AMAZED and BLESSED!!

Carson City Montessori Charter School 2

Posted June 06, 2012
This was a great school when my child started in the kindergarten class; unfortunately the last 2-3 years have been on a progressive decline.. While the staff was never overly friendly or helpful they are a nightmare to deal with at this point. It s as if everything you ask is taken as harsh criticism and they immediately defend the school or withhold information. as far as I know only 1 teacher (K-AM) in the school is actually "Montessori" the rest simply have books and materials available. As noted in the 2011 and likely the 2012 CRT scores the school is now below average in most subjects State wide.. a great feat in the Nevada public school system. They have focused solely on expansion and more funding adding way to many students with little to no classroom space and as stated in other reviews it is very loud most days. I recently volunteered in the class room (discouraged!) and witnessed my child finish the assignment in the first few minutes of the lesson and had to go assist other students rather than receive more challenging work as the groups they are in move at the pace of the slowest child. Unfortunately not many other options exist in Carson, we are hoping to move

Posted June 04, 2012
Unfortunately, this blessing is out of touch with the children and is all about the numbers. We realize this is a business, but the children should come first. It has grown too fast. They only held 1 PTO meeting and only gave out 1 report card for the year. They call themselves Montessori, but rarely, if at all, use any of the techniques. Most of the good teachers are being ignored or pushed out. The newer teachers are adult bullies and teach the children to use inappropriate verbage. It is really sad because we thought it was going to be a blessing for our child and in the beginning it was, but now the staff is rude and too busy. The principal was great but, now is too busy for all involved. She was supposed to embrace the Montessori style of teaching, but it is clearly not happening. The building is too small for the the amount of children. It is loud which makes it difficult to concentrate, but the children are supposed to be allowed to talk and share. This school was fantastic, but the good ones are leaving and bad behavior is being rewarded by the current staff. Parents would like to be involved, but it is now discouraged. :0( We would have given 4 stars, but now no more.

Posted May 09, 2012
Inconsistent adherence to school policies. Rude front office staff that frequently do not even acknowledge you entering the school. Only certain parents are encouraged to be involved in the classroom or communicated to about what is happening in the classroom. Principal frequently appears totally out of touch with what is going on in the classrooms. Certain children are allowed the run of the school , where others are frequently reprimanded for the same behaviors.

Posted July 25, 2011
This is the best school in Carson City. Each of my children has different strengths and weaknesses and the staff consistently goes above and beyond to make sure they are challenged and encouraged. The principal provides an environment of cooperation between the child, the parents, and the teachers.

Carson City Montessori Charter School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
Carson Montessori is the most child centered elementary school in our city. The teachers are highly qualified, and really go above and beyond for their studesnts.

Carson City Montessori Charter School
2263 Mouton Dr, Carson City, NV  89706
Last modified Carson City Montessori Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carson City Montessori Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top