9-12 & Ungraded
Dayton, NV

Posted March 01, 2011
Honestly, I'm confused as to how anyone can say this is a decent school. It must obviously be some student council idiots or inbred, hillbilly parents glad to be away from their kids. Take the word of a student here: the more negative the reviews are, the more realistic they are. More truthfulnesss is that the students are uneducated thugs hostile to anyone who's not like them, the teachers try their best but have no control over the students, bullying is as common as homework, the only purpose of the special education classes is to give the local inmates a place to get their "lulz", more money is put into sports than anything else, and nobody is willing to do anything to fix these problems. If you have a child in the Dayton school system or are considering enrolling them into it, save yourself some time and money (and rope) and just move away. Far, far away. From a DHS student, [REDACTED]

Dayton High School 5

Posted December 15, 2010
i learned here. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Posted October 23, 2009
I graduated from DHS in 2008 and I feel that it provided me with a great education, and that it did a great deal to prepare me for college, specially the AP and honor classes. The individual level of teaching and care and effort put forth by the teachers is commendable.

Posted August 04, 2009
I love this school it taught me a lot more things than my other school

Dayton High School 2

Posted January 24, 2009
I do not feel that my child is safe at Dayton High School. The administration will yes the parent and not follow through on anything. Male sports are clearly the priority. There is a great deal of bullying for which nothing is addressed. I am happy that my child will be graduating and I will be done with that high school. I heard that the rules are not enforced because it is almost impossible. So at DHS the inmates are running the asylum

Posted August 02, 2007
im a sophmore student at dhs. in my first year there in high school. i thought it was great the teachers r good and tell us what we want to hear.i think the camras can go. we out in the middle of nowhere there is very little trouble in our town. i love dayton and Go Devils

Posted June 24, 2007
Im a student of Dayton High School(Sophmore heading to Junior)Many people may hate me for saying this but I dislike the school because its education system and the way they teach. this school is very boring and I highly reccomend to the new civilians in this area to have your son/daughter home schooled that way they can learn more and be at there best this school will not have your wish relized at all instead you'll give them greif and regrets.If I could pull myself out I would.The only thing they probably get is new friends and some education.

Posted December 04, 2006
Dayton is a growing community, and that is apparent at Dayton High School. I refer to the kids who have lived in Dayton and surrounding towns all their life, and the influx of new residents, primarily from California. The sports take center stage, particularly the male dominated ones. The level of music is low to average, without much focused attention to any of it. I have one teenager attending this school, with many friends. As of writing this review, I am seriously considering pulling my child out to homeschool instead. Adolecents here are often mean, spiteful without any recourse. What seems to be an added irritation is the parents who double park, block, and the buses, preventing any hope of emergency vehicles reaching the school. Stay far away from Dayton High School.

Dayton High School 4

Posted September 05, 2006
I went to Dayton School's all my life and I think it is a great place to go to school.

Dayton High School 2

Posted August 06, 2006
I have two sons, only one of which now attend DHS. My oldest son is physically disabled, and due to the ignorance of federal guidelines that DHS' administration showed, he now (very happily)attends school out of state. His freshman year was a complete waste of time. My youngest son still attends DHS, but is hoping to graduate early so he does not have to endure any more time than necessary to stay there. The administration at DHS is very inept and has no inkling about Americans w/Disabilities Act, nor will attempt to learn more about it (would not participate in requested In Service programs) . Lyon County School District tries to short-change disabled students at every turn. If you have a child who requires additional educational and social strategies, DO NOT send him/her to Lyon County School District or Dayton High School. We are considering legal action at this time.

335 Dayton Valley Rd, Dayton, NV  89403
Last modified Dayton High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dayton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top