Posted August 19, 2014
EHS has more diversity than the neighboring high school in Spring Creek. It is a school with solid teachers who have a lot of experience. EHS was established in 1895, so it's packed with tradition and beautifully remodeled old, brick buildings. The school also offers many AP, online, and college courses. As a discerning parent, I feel that my child is in good hands at EHS.

Posted June 22, 2014
This school is so great. They helped so much with planning and preparing me for college sports and academics. Everyone here bleeds maroon and white and I sure know I do. Every school has their downer students but our staff does well trying to teach and prepare every student for a bright future. Our school is really traditional and everything we do as students leaves a legacy on this campus. The Indians are legendary and I couldn't be more proud to have been a three sport athlete and a triple e recipient at this school. I'll never forget the imprint this Schiller has left on my life. Our band is the greatest in all of Nevada and our choraliers are so prestigious. I love everything about this school and I'm so proud to have had my time to be here.

Elko High School 1

Posted February 26, 2011
Elko High School is a failure making machine with very few good teachers. Most teachers belittle students yell in class and give very little instruction. The only kids who do well, would do well no matter what the circumstances. I wish that someone would come and find out exactly how bad this school is.

Elko High School 3

Posted February 19, 2009
I think some of the rules are meaningless for example not being able to wear a hat in the halls or no cell phones during school. The teachers need to make learning more enjoyable intead of just lecture because everyone loses their train of thought. Also there should be parking in front of the school. Even though the excuse is so that there are spaces for substitutes, there are still 50+ open parking spaces.

Posted July 27, 2008

Posted January 31, 2007
Elko High School is not big, and it's not a place to go if you're a big-town person. We have an amazing music program that wins awards wherever we go.

Posted January 26, 2007
I am a businessman in the community of Elko who also attended the school. I am also a booster and have kept in contact with the teachers, administration and teachers. I feel that these taechers truly care and look out for the well being of their students. There are students who fall through the cracks but teachers should not always be blamed. The students and their parents who more accountable than the teachers. It's just easier to blame the system. Students and their parents need to take accountability and stop blaming those who take the time to educate our children. These teachers see approximately 130 students a day. They only have so much time.

Posted May 19, 2005
I really like Elko High. I am a student there right now, and I really like the students there and i enjoy growing up in such a small town. The teachers are really nice here too. They are always willing to help me when i struggle. The extra activities are a lot of fun too. You can join just about anything and everything. I really love this school.

Posted May 06, 2005

Posted April 14, 2005
- a former student
I attended this school for my whole High School education. I actually moved to Elko when I was in the 6th grade. I think it is an excellent school with great teachers and opportunity. It is located in a small town so having the extra activities i.e. band, choir, drama, football, basketball, soccer and so on is GREAT! It is easy to get bored it keep the kids out of trouble. I know attend UNLV and am doing very well. If the school wasn't doing good in educating people then I wouldn't have as high of a G.P.A. as I do.

Elko High School
987 College Ave, Elko, NV  89801
Last modified Elko High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elko High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top