Fernley Intermediate School 5

Posted January 16, 2012
Fernley Intermediate School is a fantastic school with a positive atmosphere. They have an open campus and are always finding ways to involve parents. The principal is very visible and the teachers are willing to work to help students be successful.

Posted April 22, 2010
My son has attended FIS for almost 2 years now, and has been struggling with bullying. The school is doing little to nothing to stop it. He is targeted everyday. I believe the teachers interact fairly with the students but the administration needs to do something about the bullying and violence at this school.

Posted February 10, 2010
While the teachers are supportive, the amount of violence surpasses the perception of F.I.S to be a safe school. My child has constant stories of extreme bullying. And so far there has not been issues to resolve the problems.

Posted September 16, 2009
FIS has great understanding teachers.A fantastic resource program. It's my son's first year at FIS and he's loving it! Thank you FIS!!

Posted April 02, 2008
In my opinion, you should avoid this school. Turn around and don't look back...

Posted February 25, 2008
This school is great! My son's teachers have gone above and beyond for him this year. I have had several meetings this year with his teachers since he tends to struggle. Very impressed so far!

Posted February 11, 2008
I was hoping for better teachers than what we had in the elementary schools. Thus far I am very disappointed. The teachers have very little to no communication with the parents and rarely return calls. I have both of my children in outside tutoring because I feel the schools in Fernley are failing them. The principal is rarely seen too. My child is also consistantly bullied but it seems that the school could care less. We have our house on the market just so we can get out of this school district.

Posted December 01, 2007
High Achieveing doesn't really say how the achieving is accoplished what are the scores it is of all grades across the board or one grade level, I reviewed the scores of test for schools across nevada across other districts and FIS did not fare to well last year. The ice cream social was poorly conducted. I do not say this and sit back and watch I am active but when suggestions are presented they are shut down as if the school is afraid of change or outside influence. This goes for sugeestions with anything. Activites for students is cut this year. Our youth are told they are too old yet we tell them they are too young, we tell them to be quiet yet say they never communicate. The Parent teacher collaboration needs work, more of us parents need to take a more active role in supporting the school.

Posted April 27, 2007
The teaching techniques at this school are mediocre at best. The online report card is useless and consistently frustrating. It is not updated frequently enough to be of any use in my household. I believe the biggest problem with this school is the communication between teachers and parents. There is none. My hope is that high school will be better, it cant get much worse. I feel more time is spent grading their own teaching abilities and not enough focus on the student.

Posted March 10, 2007
Lots of homework packets and old tests are used, don't try new things. The school is about 2 years behind Washington State and if you ever can get hold of an administrator, they're frequently all out at meetings on the same day. Their tolerance for bullying and name calling they say is ZERO, however, having a child experience this, nothing much is done to curb the behavior of the bullies.

320 Hwy 95a South, Fernley, NV  89408
Last modified Fernley Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fernley Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top