Fernley, NV
Before care: Yes

Fernley Intermediate School 5

Posted January 16, 2012
Fernley Intermediate School is a fantastic school with a positive atmosphere. They have an open campus and are always finding ways to involve parents. The principal is very visible and the teachers are willing to work to help students be successful.

Posted May 04, 2010

Posted April 22, 2010
My son has attended FIS for almost 2 years now, and has been struggling with bullying. The school is doing little to nothing to stop it. He is targeted everyday. I believe the teachers interact fairly with the students but the administration needs to do something about the bullying and violence at this school.

Fernley Intermediate School 2

Posted February 10, 2010
While the teachers are supportive, the amount of violence surpasses the perception of F.I.S to be a safe school. My child has constant stories of extreme bullying. And so far there has not been issues to resolve the problems.

Posted September 16, 2009
FIS has great understanding teachers.A fantastic resource program. It's my son's first year at FIS and he's loving it! Thank you FIS!!

Posted February 20, 2009

Fernley Intermediate School 4

Posted February 11, 2009

Posted April 02, 2008
In my opinion, you should avoid this school. Turn around and don't look back...

Posted February 25, 2008
This school is great! My son's teachers have gone above and beyond for him this year. I have had several meetings this year with his teachers since he tends to struggle. Very impressed so far!

Posted February 11, 2008
I was hoping for better teachers than what we had in the elementary schools. Thus far I am very disappointed. The teachers have very little to no communication with the parents and rarely return calls. I have both of my children in outside tutoring because I feel the schools in Fernley are failing them. The principal is rarely seen too. My child is also consistantly bullied but it seems that the school could care less. We have our house on the market just so we can get out of this school district.

Fernley Intermediate School
320 Hwy 95a South, Fernley, NV  89408
Last modified Fernley Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 5-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fernley Intermediate School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top