Fernley, NV
Before care: Yes

Posted April 19, 2010
This is my son's first year at Cottonwood. He is in the 1st grade. His teachers are wonderful. They communicate well and address any concerns I have in a timely manner. The front office staff and the nurse are also very friendly. The PTA puts on fun events such as Family Bingo Night. My only complaint about Cottonwood is that there is no PE program. With the obesity epidemic in our country, I believe that nutrition and physical education should be high priorities in our schools.

Cottonwood Elementary School 5

Posted March 17, 2009

Cottonwood Elementary School 5

Posted February 26, 2009
I agree with the last poster, CES is a great school. You should see when they are handing out the Principal's Award (All A's) and the Honor Roll (A's and B's), it takes the principal quite a bit of time to call all the awardees because there are so many of them and only for 2 grade levels. These excellent grades are manifested as well with the CRT results for the school. I am glad my child was transferred to CES 3 years ago because the faculty and principals sure are doing things the right way.

Cottonwood Elementary School 0

Posted September 18, 2008
Cottonwood is a great school. The staff is dedicated to the students and truly believe in doing what is best for kids. Not only are CES' test scores some of the highest in Lyon County, but the caring atmosphere is felt the moment you enter the school. I truly believe that my daughter's two first grade teachers care for her almost as much as I do. They are fantastic! The teachers are amazing and the principals are approachable and easy to talk to. I would recommend this school to anybody!

Posted November 15, 2007
My daughter has been attending this school since K and she is now in grade 3. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. The teachers are very helpful as to seeing that your child obtains what is expected of him or her. Great school.

Posted November 14, 2007

Posted January 02, 2007

Posted December 08, 2006
Good School. Safe environment

Posted May 20, 2006
I am very impressed with the school and the staff including both principals.

Posted August 12, 2005
I think this is a wonderful school. The principal is clueless but the teachers are A++!

Cottonwood Elementary School
925 Farm District Rd, Fernley, NV  89408
Last modified Cottonwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cottonwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top