Bad
Good

This school is now K-4. I Love Cottonwood. All 4 of my children have either attended or are still attending it. They teachers are wonderful and they Love Parent involvement. The PTA there is strong and active. It can seem a little cliquish but once you get to know people they open up. The Teachers, and Office Staff have no problems with letting parents call or come into see or spend time with their children, they welcome it in fact.

This is my son's first year at Cottonwood. He is in the 1st grade. His teachers are wonderful. They communicate well and address any concerns I have in a timely manner. The front office staff and the nurse are also very friendly. The PTA puts on fun events such as Family Bingo Night. My only complaint about Cottonwood is that there is no PE program. With the obesity epidemic in our country, I believe that nutrition and physical education should be high priorities in our schools.

I agree with the last poster, CES is a great school. You should see when they are handing out the Principal's Award (All A's) and the Honor Roll (A's and B's), it takes the principal quite a bit of time to call all the awardees because there are so many of them and only for 2 grade levels. These excellent grades are manifested as well with the CRT results for the school. I am glad my child was transferred to CES 3 years ago because the faculty and principals sure are doing things the right way.

Cottonwood is a great school. The staff is dedicated to the students and truly believe in doing what is best for kids. Not only are CES' test scores some of the highest in Lyon County, but the caring atmosphere is felt the moment you enter the school. I truly believe that my daughter's two first grade teachers care for her almost as much as I do. They are fantastic! The teachers are amazing and the principals are approachable and easy to talk to. I would recommend this school to anybody!

My daughter has been attending this school since K and she is now in grade 3. I have nothing but good things to say about this school. The teachers are very helpful as to seeing that your child obtains what is expected of him or her. Great school.

Last modified Cottonwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.