Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 15, 2016
Considering the state of Nevada is the lowest graded education system in the entire US.

Posted January 15, 2016
My daughter has not received much assistance with anything in this school. She has stayed after school for tutoring, but because she already has good grades they didn't have time to help her. Instead she was ignored during the tutoring. Some of the staff didn't agree with her choice in music and style, therefor she was subject to adult bullying. Some of the staff was blatantly talking about her choice of style while she was aware of it. At this young age all children are trying to find who they are. The adults and staff should be supportive regardless if they agree on the color and style choices. I understand kids bullying other kids, it's common and we have all had to learn coping skills. However I don't agree with adults acting like children, when they are supposed to be the role models. I believe in raising strong minded and willful children who question ideals they don't understand. Apparently that is not a positive thing in this small town. Some of the teachers have been very engaging, actually interested in what the kids say, interested in how they learn and supportive of their young minded choices. Creating dialog and pushed to think outside the box. It is because of those teachers I gave the 3rd star.

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted January 15, 2016
It seems if you were not raised in this town and look or think different than the locals, you are not treated very well. We have lived in other small towns and never treated so badly at the school level.

Carson Valley Middle School 4

Posted February 06, 2009
C.V.M.S is okay the principals are great they try to help you and so do the teachers i have i have been going there for 2 years on and off iam in 9th grade amd i like the school.

Posted June 02, 2008
My son is in the 7th grade at CVMS and he loves it. I love the fact that I can go online any time and see all his grades and every grade on every single test and assignment. The office staff are wonderful. I do however, feel there lacks some discipline with some of the students! I feel that the principal and the vice principle definitely need to step up their leadership and discipline. Not enough consequences for these kids! CVMS has some great teachers and some okay ones. I feel that this school needs to offer more opportunities for the kids that are more advanced. They only offer Honors math in 7th grade, and I feel they should implement more challenging classes for those that need to be challenged more. The sports programs are great. Overall, this is a good school, but they definitely have room to make it better.

Posted September 06, 2007
I have been going to CVMS for all three years. I am in my 9th grade/Freshman year now and I like the school. Truthfully, If I had the choice, I would choice boarding school, but for now, this school is okay. I hope the other students there feel the same way. The teachers are very interesting and they know how to keep you occupied. Though, some of the teachers never get off of their high horses. I was not into math that much at this school. Until I got into 9th grade math with Mr. Blotter. He is a very interesting person and very funny. One of the best teachers I ever had. If you are considering sending your kids to CVMS, or you are a student who wants to go there. Please do! This school is a very good one.

Carson Valley Middle School 5

Posted July 31, 2005
I would like to say that a I only went to cvms for 1 year but the the friends that I made were great and the the teachers awesome the teacher go out of their way to help you and once I moved I did not have as good of grades and as much support so that is why I like cvms.

Posted January 13, 2005
As a student, I would also like to post my opinions on this school. After going here for 3 years I have noticed a few things. When I walk into the school the teachers are pleasant, but the students on the other hand are definitely not there by choice. I would also like to include that although some classes present a challenge, not many are able to do that. Overall, I would say that C.V.M.S. is an 'easy A' school.

1477 Hwy 395 South, Gardnerville, NV  89410
Last modified Carson Valley Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.