School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Good climate with a calm front office staff, energetic principal and support staff. Counselor and positive behavioral staff run a great blue ticket program for rewarding the pro-social behaviors that they teach.
March 12, 2016

Bad
Good

Grateful to:
SCHOOL LEADER
The staff, the parents, the PTO and the principal along with those implementing the Positive Behavior Support System - all deserve recognition and thanks. GES is a great place to work and learn.

Develops grit:
SCHOOL LEADER
Positive Behavior Support System provides a structured program with posters, instruction and ongoing recognition of pro-social behaviors that include an attitude of persistence despite obstacles.

Develops respect:
SCHOOL LEADER
Positive Behavior Support System provides a structured program with posters, instruction and ongoing recognition of pro-social behaviors such as respect for rules and the reasons we have rules - so that we can be happy and get along and learn.

Develops empathy:
SCHOOL LEADER
Positive Behavior Support System provides a structured program with posters, instruction and ongoing recognition of pro-social behaviors such as caring for others

Develops honesty:

Message to families

Gardnerville Elementary School 1

Posted February 20, 2014
I really like the new remodel that they did on this school over the summer. When we moved here I choose the home that we live in for this school Early intervention Preschool was a dream. But once my son started kindergarden the staff ignored his IEP ignored me and the teacher treated my son like less of a person and always had bad things to say about him. I am glad we are leaving I wouldn't want my son to spend another year at this school and I sure wouldn't let my other son go here.

Gardnerville Elementary School

Posted February 22, 2010
I love this school. We moved down from the Lake for a more family-friendy environment and we've never regretted the decision. GES is an older school but the the education is quality. My son hates to miss school and especially loves his GT class. The teacher is incredible and I'm so grateful for this program. He never gets bored which is key to his motivation. Thank you GES!

Gardnerville Elementary School 4

Posted April 03, 2007
My daughter is in 2nd grade here and loves her teacher very much. Her teacher is very quick to notice advancement and areas that need help. As a parent, I feel the school could be a little bit more organized. I get newsletters and flyers on short notice so there isn't much time to do helpful things for the school. It's an older school that could be cleaned up a bit more.

Gardnerville Elementary School 5

Posted March 15, 2005
We have attended GES for three years. Happy, safe environment. Extra tutoring available after school at no charge a big plus. Principal is excellent. New library added to school in 2004. Classrooms very clean with computers. Lots of parent support. My only negative comment would be more yard duty supervision. Overall I would rate it a '10' out of a possible '10'. It has been a great learning facility for my son and our whole family.

Gardnerville Elementary School
1290 Toler Ave, Gardnerville, NV  89410
Last modified Gardnerville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.