School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Good climate with a calm front office staff, energetic principal and support staff. Counselor and positive behavioral staff run a great blue ticket program for rewarding the pro-social behaviors that they teach.
March 12, 2016

Bad
Good

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
Positive Behavior Support System provides a structured program with posters, instruction and ongoing recognition of pro-social behaviors
Posted March 12, 2016

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted March 12, 2016

I really like the new remodel that they did on this school over the summer. When we moved here I choose the home that we live in for this school Early intervention Preschool was a dream. But once my son started kindergarden the staff ignored his IEP ignored me and the teacher treated my son like less of a person and always had bad things to say about him. I am glad we are leaving I wouldn't want my son to spend another year at this school and I sure wouldn't let my other son go here.

I love this school. We moved down from the Lake for a more family-friendy environment and we've never regretted the decision. GES is an older school but the the education is quality. My son hates to miss school and especially loves his GT class. The teacher is incredible and I'm so grateful for this program. He never gets bored which is key to his motivation. Thank you GES!

My daughter is in 2nd grade here and loves her teacher very much. Her teacher is very quick to notice advancement and areas that need help. As a parent, I feel the school could be a little bit more organized. I get newsletters and flyers on short notice so there isn't much time to do helpful things for the school. It's an older school that could be cleaned up a bit more.

Last modified Gardnerville Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.