9-12 & Ungraded
Henderson, NV

Basic High School 2

Posted September 01, 2014
Th worst school if you wanna talk to your counselor. Also if you are ever so different by the slightest people thing you're from another planet this school is so super white washed. If very to little diversity. only a handful of great teachers and students. Overall, ok school to go to but would I ever send my Kid here in the future.... NOPE.

Basic High School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
Basic is such a great school. I went there already for a year and everyone was saying how bad it was. They said that the teachers don't help, and the students are criminals. That is absolutely wrong! The teachers are always there to help when we need it. And I new so many other students from every other grade level. They were not criminals. They were the best of friends you could ask for. If you ask me this school will let you be yourself and go at your own pace.

Posted April 23, 2013
ParentLink software to monitor your child's grades has issues that staff is unable to resolve. Some classes do not get grade updates posted and teachers and school admit to not having a solution. ParentLink, the software company, only says to have the school contact them. In the long run, we are nearly done with the school year and I'm still not able to see updates for all classes. Some teachers are very passive and don't correct students when they aren't staying on task. Requests for parent teacher conferences are not responded to by guidance counselor.

Posted April 22, 2013
Well, I'm a former student and just called to ask for transcripts, was directed to the wrong person 3 times, and whoever you have answering your phones needs to be replaced IMMEDIATELY. The staff of this school, with exception of a few, has ALWAYS been terrible. I graduated in 2000. With honors... And my name was miss-spelled on my diploma... If that tells you anything else about this "school"... I'm simply needing a transcript for license in my current state, under the board of Cosmetology. After explaining FIVE times, that "no, I'm not tryyyying to go to school. I've been a hair stylist for 10 years. I just need this for THE STATE BOARD OF KANSAS to obtain a NEW license!!!???" Get it together BASIC. Brings me back though... All I ever learned at Basic High School was how NOT to do things. Looks like not much has changed. That's Henderson for ya. I'm extremely disappointed right now. And embarrassed that I ever attended this school.

Basic High School 5

Posted April 21, 2011
I Love Basic!! This school and the MJROTC program has brought the best of my child out. However, the problem is with the students and parents who don't care about education and disrupt the already overflowing classrooms. How do you expect a teacher to teach when there are so many unappreciative/disrespectful students in the school when, as a first person witness, I have seen and heard parents come into the Dean's office and say "They (the child) is your problem - not mine"! How can you combat a combative, ignorant parent"? I am an involved parent who takes reponsibility for her child instead of pushing it off on others....in other words I am a responsible parent who does not blame others for my child's shortcomings - I work with the teachers and administration to make sure my child gets the best education that these teachers can provide - unfortunatley there is an element in the public schol that will not make this possible without parent involement and discipline and no "blame game"

Basic High School 5

Posted April 20, 2011
Although im not a student at basic high,i plan to attend it.Mainly for its academics and its MCROTC. This school has a 5/10 test score and a 3/5 community score. Considering this is Vegas,Those scores are phi nominal. Ive done research on the schools mcjrotc and based off the cadet reviews and drill videos ive seen,i cant wait to go. I love this school and i hope you do to.

Posted March 05, 2011
This school stinks. You don't have teachers who can stay on topic, you have over sensitive students who are fighting over everything, it's overflowing and there's no funds to support the students. Out of the five classes I have as a senior, I only have two serious classes and the teachers in those classes can't stay on topic for beans. There were two, maybe three lockdowns in one week about two weeks ago. I've been told that it's a good time to be leaving because the district is shutting down extra curriculars next year. And I rarely can pick up my own backpack without hitting someone. Not only that, but there are teachers who simply take out their anger on students. I asked for directions to one of the computer labs the other day, which are filled with computers older than I am, and was lectured for not yet knowing my way around the school. I transfered here a year ago. And if I didn't know how to write before I came here, I doubt I would have been able to write this comprehensibly.

Posted November 19, 2010
I actually thought this school was a good school, I even moved into the area so that my children could attend, my children has been bullied on more than one occasion by students, but what's the real kicker is when one of my children fought back she was expelled and the principal would not even meet with me, as far as the dean's once one of them come in contact with a student it is constant harrassment.

Posted October 14, 2010
Although I can't speak to all of the staff and teachers at this school, my experience has dealing with them has been less than unsatisfactory. Uncaring, selfish, power hungry and cruel are only a few words that come to mind. You cannot expect a child to enjoy school let alone want to go every day and be able to have the mindset for learning if you are making them feel worthless. This is exactly what is happening to my child. This school and it's staff needs some serious intervention. Someone needs to come in unannounced and see what is really happening to some if not the majority of the kids attending this school.

Posted September 20, 2010
I am a student at Basic HS and I want to just put it out there that this is NOt the best school to go to! Educational wise it's fine I suppose but fights are always occuring and bully-ing rates are really high. My friends and I are always being bullied. Honestly I don't feel safe at that school. I told one of the teachers and she didn't care. So if you are thinking about going to Basic PLEASE reconsider !

Basic High School
400 Palo Verde Dr, Henderson, NV  89015
Last modified Basic High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Basic High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top